African American Weddings
Options

Flower for Short Hair Question

Okay Ladies,

I have very short hair.  To give you and idea, it has to be curled with small curlers.  I will be wearing my hair with the soft messy spike look.  I will wearing a flower in my hair on the side.  My problem is I don't know what kind of flower?  Is anyone else doing this or has done this?  What is the best flower to wear? 

Thanks!

Re: Flower for Short Hair Question

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Malinda Williams wore that look beautifully at her wedding.  Here's a pic, not sure what kind of flower that is, but maybe you can bring this pic into a florist and they can identify it for you?  HTH!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having the EXACT same issue. I ordered a flower special made from Etsy and it looks great, but i think it's too big for my short hair. I have a hair appointment on Friday, so I'll take the flower with me and see what my stylist can do. Malinda Williams is a great example of the concept, so I'm sure you can pull it off. I guess it has to be positioned correctly. Hers kinda sat behind her ear.

Let me know what you come up with and I will keep you posted on my stylist's suggestion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from an Etsy seller as well, and I have short hair also. Her name is Myra--you can pick which ever size  you like, and she is willing to make one for you custom. Check out her shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/myrakim
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    anewdayanewday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I definitley like Malinda Williams look and I will check out the etsy website. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards