New York-Long Island
Options

Afternoon reception

I need some advice. Our reception is in the afternoon (1pm-6pm) at Fox Hollow in May. We are wondering what to do after the reception. There will be a lot of out-of-town guests who will want to hang out afterwards. I have no idea what to do so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Afternoon reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! You are scheduled to be married right before me!!!! Which rooms are you in???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm in the garden terrace on the 22nd. When in May is yours?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I literally meant right before mine! :-) I'm also getting married on the 22nd, but I'm in the Briar Fox in the evening. There was a chance that I could take pics in the Gardens if a party wasn't scheduled there before mine - lol - it was a very small chance! :-)
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    you could have an after party at the hotel or at someone's house or restaurant.

• Options
    dsophia19dsophia19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After parties are really popular right now. Some vendors like NEC (www.nationaleventconnection.com) will supply lounge furniture and light up high tables/ottomans to create a club like ambience. You can just continue the celebration right after your reception :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're not having a full meal, what about going out for dinner and drinks with the nearest and dearest afterwards?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards