California-Los Angeles

St Vincent de Paul Catholic Church Los Angeles-Mystery

Hello Knotties, I will be going to church orientation tonite. Does anyone happen to know the process for this church and the fees? I called and they said just come its the least of your budget concerns and items. I would like to have a heads up before going.....thanks in advance!
Anniversary

Re: St Vincent de Paul Catholic Church Los Angeles-Mystery

• DaisyJaimeDaisyJaime member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wish I could help. Im not at that stage yet but good luck. I posted some questions on the catholic board and got great help fast. Maybe you should move your thread there.
    Good luck btw.
  • michsancmichsanc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your feedback :) I went yesterday and the fee is 1000.00.
    Anniversary
  • xoxixoxi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I just tried calling the church for information about the process of getting married there but the only information that the receptionist would give me is to come in next month for a group meeting. I've read that the process is a little more complicated at this church but how much more complicated? Someone on yelp went as far saying 'be prepared to jump through hoops'. Well I'm prepared, I've wanted a wedding here since I was a little girl and 'jumping through hoops' will not stop me. But if you could shed some more light on the subject, I'd be very grateful:)

P.S. Thank you for the post about the donation fee, that was very helpful. It gave me a more clear idea of how much I need to save for the wedding:)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi. I am glad you guys are having the same problems I am with this church. I would like to get married her too, but they won't give me any information...they just say to come to class in october. Don't they understand that I can't pick a date of my wedding without confirmation from them that they have the date available??  Does anybody have a confirmed date with them yet?  what is this class about anyhow? Does anyone know? Any information would be great! thanks!
  • vjacobo02vjacobo02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it is usually a lot of requirements with this church and some are required before setting a date..but it is all worth it! my fiance and i have a date set two months ago and needed a ihr class and all documents before setting the date. the weekend engagement encounter is awesome as well..i recommend it!
  • edited December 2011
    I would like to thank you for asking this question as well as to those who answered it. I've been searcing for answers and I finally got them here! I will be going to the meeting next week, and hope that I hear what I want and can confirm a date!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards