New Jersey - South

Melissa Chinici - Reviews??

Hey ladies,I think some of you used Melissa Chinici this past summer for photography.  Have you gotten your proofs/albums back yet?  If so, how would you rate her work?  About how many pics did you get for just her, or for Melissa plus an additional photog?Thanks!

Re: Melissa Chinici - Reviews??

• edited December 2011
    I used Melissa 2 weeks ago and we got our proofs back on our password protected website 2 days after the wedding. She shot by herself for 6 hours and we ended up with just under 600 proofs. I think her work was phenomenal!! She was awesome the day of and a lot of my favorite shots are ones that I wasn't aware she was taking at the time... Everything felt very natural and fun, which is exactly what we were going for. We didn't want too many posed shots (of family and such) and she stuck to that. After the fact, our moms were disappointed at the lack of group shots and pictures of people at their tables. (but, our reception was geared less toward sitting and more toward dancing and having fun...which melissa captured!) And, I think if you asked her to take more, she would...if that was something you were looking for. But, like she said at our first meeting, she's not the kind of photog who is going to track down all of you maternal aunts and uncles to get a group shot.If you want to see my gallery so you can get a feel for how she shoots throughout a whole day, let me know and I'll give you my info.
    TTC since 7/10
    First RE appt 10/11
    Me- 29; DX- Stage II Endo & hydrosalpinx
    DH- 34 w/ "borderline morph"
    12/2011, 1/2012, & 3/2012- tamoxifen+TI= BFNs
    Lap- 4/11/12- removed ovarian cyst, adhesions, and repaired twisted tube
    IVF#1- BFN
    IVF#2- ER 10/14; Transferred 3 beautiful 8cells on 10/17; BFP! 10/29 beta#1- 152, beta#2- 378, beta#3- 755
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~ S/PAIF welcome ~
  • edited December 2011
    Angel - I would love to see your gallery if you don't mind.If you care to share the password, my email is hilldog underscore 3 at hotmail dot com.Thank you!!
  • edited December 2011
    Angel - I just want to say so I'm so jealous that you had your proofs in two days!!! I'm still waiting on mine :-( Should have them by Thanksgiving hopefully!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    We also used Melissa and loved her and her work! She got all the great shots that you didn't know were going on. Like pp said my mom was also upset about not getting table shots but we didn't want that. We received our online proofs about a week but a few days she had teasers up on her site. I am not sure how many pics we got but there were 19 pages. We had the basic package with adding her coming to the house for dressing shots. She was there probably 10 hours and happy to be there the whole time. She came to get us when the rain stopped to go outside and take some shots. She is awesome. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    D&J1202 - Thanks.  I see in your bio that you also used DJ's Available which is another top contender because of their experience and great price!  How did you like them?
  • edited December 2011
    Alot of girls on here use DJ'S Available and no one has had any complaints. We used Pete Palma and the dance floor was packed all night. I think we paid $700 for cocktail hour and 4 hr reception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards