Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First dance songs?

anyone got any suggestions for first dance songs??

Re: First dance songs?

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What kind of music are you thinking?? I have some suggestions in my planning bio that you can check out!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Some of the ones FI and I like are *True Companion (we are using this one)Back at one (Brian McKnight)I Will Be (Leona Lewis version)In My Life (Beatles)By Your Side (Sade)
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nico1018Nico1018 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! i'll check the planning bio, and i loved the suggestions! Thanks! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Always be right there- Bryan Adams I'm Yours - Jason Mraz Bubbly- Colbie Caliat Follow Me, Follow You- Genesis  
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I chose a song that is not really slow enough for a first dance (love knock you down), so we are having our two best friends sing and record the song with a symphony background at a studio.  This way it is a song just for us, and no one will ever have the same first dance.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and I'm walking down the aisle to Mandy Moore's "Only Hope", if we weren't dancing to Knock you Down, we'd be dancing to this song, Chasing Cars, or I don't know much...
  • edited December 2011
    listen to sweet pea by amos lee.  you might recognize it from the sprint (i think) commercials.  very sweet song that we might use.
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am learning towards "To Make You Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we were going to use "should i fall behind" by bruce springsteen (faith hill did a version too).
  • KendieEllenKendieEllen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're not a country fan, Adele also does a version of "Make you feel my love" that is amazing...
  • tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went totally non-traditional and did "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey.  It meant something to us, which is why it was perfect.  No regrets.
    August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • tayleytayley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When FI proposed, he sang "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis to me, so that will be our first dance. It's a beautiful song!
  • babydi424babydi424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "To Make You Fell My Love" by Garth Brooks also.  There are other versions by Kelly Clarkson and Kris Allen as well.Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We went totally corny and did Lionel Ritchie's lady, my husband picked it, he was listening to music on his laptop and heard it and started to cry. He usually is a Coldplay and Metallica guy, Shocking. My fam all cried. Then my husbands cousin used the SAME song 2 months later EEEEEWWW! Still makes me all sappy when I hear it. I was thinking Lucky by Jason Mraz or I will be with you by John Legend. but he totally won.
  • edited December 2011
    Ours was "God bless the Broken Road" by Rascall Flatts. The song was very fitting, since we both dated some total scumbags before we met.  We also played Adele's "Make You Feel my Love" later on in the night. I love both songs.PS: Sorry the pic of me is so huge, I dont know how to make it smaller!! :/
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "You knew me before I was born, and all the days of my life were ordained for me before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16
  • edited December 2011
    We are dancing to stay with you by john legend
    "The perfect marriage begins when each partner believes they got better than they deserve."
  • ec0983ec0983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we danced to lucky by jason mraz and colbie caillait. it was perfect for us and totally set the tone for the rest of the night. i will tell you though, i was so absorbed in the moment during the dance that i barely even noticed what song was playing!
    trying times are not the times to stop trying. image

• edited December 2011
    we danced to "the way you look tonight" as played by our band. we only picked it a day or two before the wedding, but it's so pretty and so fitting for a wedding, i loved it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Brad Paisley "Then" I am a country music fan and this is a country music artist, but it is not too twangy. My DH and a couple of friends who are not country fans actually liked the song! I think a lot of people used it this summer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for something more light & upbeat, I am really loving the new Uncle Kracker song "Smile"  (Hubby and I used Led Zeppelin "Rain Song" for ours, edited down to only 4 mins)
  • tmgoldatmgolda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Thank You for Loving Me" by Bon Jovi.... love it! :)
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I dancing to "You're still the one" by Roper
  • misti&nathanmisti&nathan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only You Can Love me This way by keith Urban! its a great one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • coxiecoxie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to By Your Side - Sade.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been able to narrow down 2 songs, "You make it real" by James Morrison and "Only you can love me" by Keith Urban. My FI isn't a big fan of the Keith Urban song, says the beat is too fast but I really love the message behind it...so he maybe in for a pleasant surprise!
  • Shanna_1977Shanna_1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Me and You by Kenny Chesney...which, if you are wanting to do an actual dance to it, is a slow rumba or a two-step
  • dojo1dojo1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're dancing to "Happy to Be Stuck With You" by Huey Lewis and the News.   We picked it out long before we even got engaged.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am a huge country music fan and the fiance is definatley not...but he agreed to "Cross My Heart" by George Strait. Love this song.
  • hillaryeggerthillaryeggert member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used "Lost in this Moment" by Big and Rich.  I know it came out a couple years ago and was huge at weddings then, but we just adore it.  It's country but not too country, the lyrics couldn't be more perfect, and it's great for a slow dance!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm trying to convince the FI to let me incorporate Adam Sandler's I wanna grow old with you. At his cousins wedding, the DJ played it and I sang the song to him while we danced. His BIL was like "You know this song" HECK YEA WEDDING SINGER! lol but for serious though we are debating between coldplays yellow, jason mraz lucky and a few spanish songs that I like
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards