Connecticut

new marriage license laws?

Hi girls, I know that now you have to get your marriage license in the town that you are getting married in, but that doesnt effect us because we live in the same town that we are getting married... my question is: what else about the law changed? is it still the same price, and can you still get it with in 65 days of the wedding? we're coming up on 65 days, and was curious...i also know i can just call the town clerk (i used to work in a town clerk, but we didnt do marriage licenses)...buut the one in my town isnt the nicest..so i figured i'd ask here first... TIA!
TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
Baby Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: new marriage license laws?

• edited December 2011
    I think we paid $30 or $35 for ours and you can still get it 65 days out. We got it about a month before. Congrats on almost being down to 65 - that is exciting.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pricing depends on the town, so you'd have to double check. in shelton we paid 40. i dont think the number of days has changed at all though.
  • memj09memj09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Every town has a website - check there.
  • ldevietroldevietro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my town it is still 65 days but the charge went up from $10 to $20 but you're better off going on your town website to find out for sure.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that it can vary by town. We requested a certified copy be mailed to us which I think was an extra ten dollars. Completely worth it though since we live in Florida.
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies there's nothing on the website, but i realized that I have to go in to vote absentee anyways, so I'll just ask them then. Thanks!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards