New Hampshire
Options

Thank You's help...

So, under normal circumstances, I'd write "thank you for your generous gift" etc...   but....  what would you write in a TY card for guests whose gift was not at all generous?I hate to sound ungrateful, but it's a real problem for us right now - I appreciate your ideas, since most of my cards will reflect this message.  :(

Re: Thank You's help...

• Options
    Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go the route of saying thanks for joining us for our special day. It was great to see you and thanks for your "thoughtful" gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thoughtful...  good.  I'm just at a loss for the right words right now.  Some people who weren't even invited were more generous gift-givers than many of our guests.  :)
  • Options
    AmyLou09AmyLou09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aw that sucks Mel I'm sorry!  It never ceases to amaze me that people can be so rude sometimes.  I mean I get that the economy is rough and money is tight but we had several guests not even get us a card.  That just burns me up, go buy a 99 cent card at cvs!  anyways, I like the way steph worded that... maybe something like "we are so glad you were able to share our special day with us, it was wonderful to see you and we hope you had as much fun as we did! Thank you for your kind gift, we really appreciate it."okay I guess that sounds kind of the same?  good luck lady!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hbyrne31hbyrne31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP. I would just say thank you for sharing our day with us. This way you are still saying thank you and being cordial but not lying if they didn't give a gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a tough one Mel and I went through the same thing. Not all gifts are "generous". Also, let's be honest, some gifts aren't "thoughtful" or "kind". I think thanking people for attending and using some "nice" word for their gift is a great idea. Try not to get too hung up on how you will thank them - especially for those who did not get hung up on what to get you. ;)XOXO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love this post because i'm glad to hear that other people had lame-o-rama guests too. most of our college friends gave NOTHING including no card. i had to force myself to send "thanks for coming" thank yous....it was just so annoying (in a non-greedy way) to feel like we spent more money than i am even comfortable thinking about...and you couldnt even bring a card?!?!?!?
  • Options
    ddumireddumire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so I'm super curious.  Did you get a silver dollar?  $5?  a pack of gum? a $10 gift card to dunkin donuts?Why not name the gift? "Aunt Kathy, it was great to see you at our reception.  Thank you so much for the gift certificate!  See you at Christmas!"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "Thanks for bringing your family of 4 (2 grown & working children) to share our very special day.  We appreciate your thoughtful/generous/kind gift of totally random junk from a store we didn't register at (and you knew that), which we returned for a whopping $27.44.Love, Bride and Groom":)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards