Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

first dance song opinions

we have semi-decided on Crash Into Me by The Dave Matthews Band. any opinions? just curious to see what others think.

Re: first dance song opinions

• edited December 2011
    My FI's cousin used that song for their first dance song and I thought it was a good choice. If it fits you, go for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    :] thanks for replying.
  • cutieliz70056cutieliz70056 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    totally agree with previous post. I hate when girls come on here and say the are going to dance to "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" because thats totally a break up song!!! "Daughters" by John Mayer is another popular one that to me is totally inappropriate for a father daughter dance b/c its about a father that abandons his daughter!!! People i think dont realize that most people listen to the words first then the music. Just a thought. I dont think that that paticular Dave Matthews song is appropriate for a wedding considering there is a line in the song saying "hike up your skirt a little more and show your world to me." Try "Steady as we go" by Dave Matthews Band, that to me is a very pretty first dance song.
  • cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to use "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional.I'm not typically a huge Dash fan, but it was the first song I heard in the car when we got engaged, and it shows me almost exactly how we feel for each other.LOVE that song.  It is one off a short list of songs that make me cry - and I think it's the only one for happy reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards