Latino Weddings
Options

flamenco guitar

FI and I decided we wanted to incorporate flamenco guitar into our wedding somehow... we'll probably end up playing some songs during dinner. Does anyone know of any good flamenco guitarists? We can't afford an actual musician to come out and play, so we'll probably buy a CD and have the DJ play it during the allotted time. I was searching around youtube, but I'm at a loss... I don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
planning bio
"My favorite color is fluorescent beige."

Re: flamenco guitar

• Options
    latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check with amazaon.com and there are some music samples that you can listen to and get an idea of which flamenco guitarist cd you'd like to purchase.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pvegaspvegas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    paco de lucia, of course!! there's also some great guitar on the vicky christina barcelona soundtrack. if you don't mind their being vocals, i really love nina pastori, estrella morente, diego el cigala, lole y manuel, and, of course, el camaron (but i think he's a bit intense for dinner)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dapo, where are you at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait, I just saw that you're in Austin and in Ithica.  I was gonna recommend an awesome guitarist that I know.  She teaches guitar lessons and does small gigs on the side.    BTW, my FI's brother is in Ithica at Cornell.  Wouldn't it be weird if you knew him???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm in grad school at Cornell, but FI and I are from Austin, so the wedding is in Austin. Is your friend in Austin or Ithaca? I would definitely be interested if they are in Austin.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, she's in Houston.   :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards