California-Los Angeles
Options

RSVP INSERT QUESTION?

So I'm in a bit on conflict, this what I've come up with for the RSVP card. We are going with an Alice in Wonderland theme, and we didn't want the ordinary saying for anything, we wanted untraditional, unconventional wording. I wanted something unique and dark so this is the reason we have chosen these wording :P RSVP DATE: (we want it to say exactly like this) Drop in the the mailbox no later than August Friday the 13th We have reserved X seats in your honor. ___Regretfully Accept ___Happily Decline (FI's pick) OR ___Can't wait to grub & dance my feet off. ___Sorry I'll miss the free food (MY PICK) :P --------------------------------------------------------- Which sounds best? Everyone thinks my pick is hilarious hehehe! With an Alice in Wonderland theme invite which would sound best? TIA!!!!

Re: RSVP INSERT QUESTION?

• Options
    csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, I don't think yours is too appropriate...especially if most of your guests aren't as into Alice as you. but through google found this quote: "Follow us down the Rabbit Hole for a night filled with Twisted Fairy Tales" and then maybe reference something about the tea party scene with the yes and no part?
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your choice is better. I love your FI idea but it is confusing and people might mark the wrong box.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Like yours as well. I also like the idea CSUN posted =D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like CSUN's idea, or something similar to it. It's cute and fits well with your theme.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I leaning toward FI's pick.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! I actually like the fact its inappropriate...hehehe. But I do think csun's suggestion was very cute :D lala-FI did mention to me what if people ck off the wrong box because they got confused too lol hmmmm......
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like csun's idea. I think your idea is cute but doesnt sound too formal/fun for a wedding. Also, I agree with you about fi's pick...guest getting confused and checking the wrong box.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Planning and Etiquette board gets a LOT of wording questions and they're really helpful with it. If you want, repost this there. It's a really active board, too.I don't think I like either that much, but I like CSUN's suggestion.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also like csun's idea. very cute... FI's is a little confusing. I had to read it twice, hehe. I like yours, very cute but I think it would be more appropiate for a birthday party type deal. HTH! GL!Keep us updated and let us know your final decision :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like yours better.  I think people might get confused with FI's pick and check off the wrong one.  I had several RSVPs where the person replied but didn't put their name on the line, so I can imagine people checking off the wrong response by mistake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards