Canada

to all the married ladies

So maybe im crazy but i have the need to wear my dress again...i mean sure it has to be cleaned but i dont want to keep it in a box in the closet for the rest of my life. Does anyone else have that need, does it go away...am i crazy!.... I should organize a party wear brides wear their dresses again..cause i for one like my dress.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: to all the married ladies

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I can't relate to this as my wedding is in April., and haven't had the chance to wear it! But I can't imagine a group of woman getting together and sitting around wearing their dresses....this reminds of the 'Friends' episode with Monica and Phoebe are sitting around in their gowns..lol  
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the opposite actually. I have no desire at all to put it back on. All those times I put it on before the wedding, I associate those with all of the excitement and anticipation I felt as a bride-to-be. That obviously came to a climax on the wedding day, and I feel like putting on the dress now would just be a huge letdown. I'll never be a bride again, even if I dress up as one (and I'm happy about that!).That and, I can't get my dress on without help, and I'm pretty sure my hubby would give me the side eye if I asked him to help me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love my dress - but agree with ringpop - it will never be the same again. I do, however, LOVE my shoes, and I will definitely be wearing those again...
  • MissLeahMMissLeahM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always to TTD... Or wear it for Halloween but you would get some odd looks from family.
    image Married and Junk.
  • edited December 2011
    I have yet to actually wear my dress at my wedding so I can't know for sure but I think I'll probably want to wear it again...I love it so much and feel so pretty when I wear it... That being said, I imagine that once the wedding is over with I won't wear it again...I do think I'll take it out and admire it every so often though!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree - have you thought about a trash the dress?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards