Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Ocean House - Other Venues? Help! :)

Hi All,Sorry for yet another posting about venues.  I thought I had a location (Loved it!) but it turned out to be a little too much $.  Trouble is, like many people, my taste is out of my price range right now.  :-)  I plan to have 150 people and would like to spend on reception 30K range.  Apologies for disclosing so much info, its just hard for me because I don't live in the area (nyc) and don't have the time to look - thought you all could help!  Thank you so much!!!!  1. Thoughts on Ocean House?  I like the menu and cocktail area not sure if I like that it's attached to a motel?2. Other free standing restaurants that are modern and on the water?3. Other ideas for on the water reception in that range?

Re: Ocean House - Other Venues? Help! :)

• edited December 2011
    I booked the Wianno Club, which is on the water in Osterville. More causual setting as its like a country club, but its pretty. Dark wood floors, elegant chandeliers but not stuffy. More Olde Cape Cod! Dinners are around $100 a head with grat and house charges, so that would keep things in your budget. The only thing is you need a member to write a recommendation for you but maybe you know someone? Chequessett Neck in Wellfleet is nice too, I am having my rd there but I think you can only fit 150 and my wedding is 200. You bring in a caterer and can do the bar yourself which would save you tons of money!
  • edited December 2011
    Pics look gorgeous of Ocean House...never been though sorry!
  • koreana12koreana12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @PrincessChug I love where you're having your wedding!  Would you mind emailing me so I could ask you a couple of questions?  koreana12 at yahoo     Thanks so much for your help. 
  • erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really really like the Ocean House when I visited.  I thought it would be perfect for a wedding - the views are great, the food is spectacular and the set up inside is generally good for a wedding (bar, dining, dancefloor).  I just poked around myself as there wasn't someone there who could give us all the wedding details, the only thing I did find out was they don't do wedding June-August (or something like that).
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite restaurant on Cape is the Ocean House, it's not attached to a motel its next store.I do know they don't do weddings during the summer I know the per person on the website may actually turn out to be more than that when you add in everything
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the information - this is helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    Ocean House would be really nice for a smaller wedding 80 people or so, but I don't think it is the best setup for anything larger.  Your guests would have to be seated in different rooms to fit... There is the SeaCrest in Falmouth - it is currently being renovated (much needed!) it right on Old Silver BeachThe SeaView in Dennis is a new function hall right on the water
  • saramattsaramatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Just stopped by for old times sake and noticed this post about the Ocean House. That's where we got married so I just had to respond :) 1. When we got married there in June 2007, the minimum guest count you needed (or needed to pay for) was 100 people.  We had 97 and we were not really split in different rooms (well, our guests were in the main dining room and then the wedding party was on the porch, but it never felt separate becuase they are so open to one another). We still had plenty of room left over, though it was cleverly disguised, and easily could have fit 150 guests. I was told at the time that they can host weddings for over 200. The bar area tables are cleared out to make way for the dance floor DJ. The app stations are also set up there during cocktail hour, unless you would rather do a tent outside.2. The per person price they give you in the wedding package is, in fact, what is actually charged. This is one of the things we really liked. The only thing that is an add-on is the bar packages and they offer quite a few different price points for that. If you call the main OH number and leave a message, they will mail you the menu options and pricing info. Janet, the owner, handles everything wedding-related and is the person you speak with for everything while planning.3. The restaurant is not attached to the Three Seasons. They are each run by the same family, but two different people are in charge. All of our OOT guests stayed at the Three Seasons and loved it. It was mostly renovated right before our weding and definitely did not have that "motel feel". I am a complete germ freak and found it to be very clean and well maintained. Loved having the two bedroom suite for getting ready and for our after party.4. They do weddings in June, they just have to be on a Friday or Sunday. We went with Sunday afternoon because we had a good portion of OOT guests and it would have been hard for them to make it on a Friday. PP  is right about no weddings in July or August. It is because they shut down the whole restaurant for you and would lose too much business if they did it in the middle of the summer.5. Finally, Janet (the owner of the OH) runs a tight ship and is just fabulous with weddings. I seriously did not worry about one thing, but then again I have been going to the OH for many years and have yet to have a bad dining experience there either!Sorry for the novel! I just remember that when I was on theknot planning my wedding, I was the only one getting married at the OH and I would have appreciated some insight from another bride :)Good luck!!! HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, don't really know what all you are looking for, or what your date is, but I have a beautiful venue overlooking Red Brook Harbor in Cataumet for a ceremony and a tent for a reception in a field next to a horse pasture.  If you or anyone you know would be interested in getting married on Sunday June 20th or Sunday September 19th I am thinking about offering it.  I will put up a posting on this message board as well, but I thought I would write to you since you seem to be looking.  If you are remotely interested and want more information, let me know.  Thanks and good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @saramatt - thank you for the information!!!  that was so helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards