Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Rehearsal dinner spots downtown Minneapolis???

Has anyone been to an event at Gluek's downtown? I'm in San Diego and I'm trying to find an inexpensive and fun place for our rehearsal. Is Gluek's a good place or do you have other suggestions? Thank you!
I'm a New Year's Mama! BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Rehearsal dinner spots downtown Minneapolis???

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glueks is great!! When I saw the title of your post, I was going to suggest Glueks. I love the atmosphere there (very old-German type vibe) and good food/drinks. And the price is right too :)
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • kmfullertonkmfullerton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks LittleSweetie! We're getting married at the Crowne Plaza. Gluek's said they were 3 and a half blocks away. Do you think that will be close enough to walk? Thanks!
    I'm a New Year's Mama! BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes definitely a close walk. And if it's just for the rehearsal dinner, that should be fine (assuming smaller guest list - less people to worry about!). I think it would work out great. Do you know anyone in town that could go to the restaurant and see if it would be right for you? I know this worked well for Polichik and her reception venue. GL
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Gluek's is a great bar.  I assume you'd have the back area.  We've had many work events there.  It's definatley walkable from anywhere downtown.  Not sure if you've seen pictures, but the tables are all different sizes and the chairs are all mismatched, but that's the style of the bar.  It's definatley a bar feel, but it is a great place.  Not sure what night you'll have your dinner, but about 9pm on Friday and Saturdays Glueks will start to become very packed and hard to move around (this is in the front of the bar) as they have a live band.  The only thing I hate about Glueks is they have very small bathrooms  and you ALWAYS have to wait to go the bathroom there.  We have only had apps there - the soft pretzels were AMAZING.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards