Canada
Options

Hello everyone!

My name's Eeva (FI is Matt) and we're getting married in NY.  My FI is American, and we're living in Japan right now teaching English.  Nice to meet you guys!Knottie name -- NukkeWedding date -- October 30, 2010Location of wedding -- Silver Bay, NYWedding colours violet, navy, ivory, copperPlanning bio link -- [url]http://tinyurl.com/yhcpjfb[/url]
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Hello everyone!

• Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Eeva!Totally cracked up at your proposal story (ok, I know it's supposed to be a romantic moment but you're too hilarious)!!! I also love your totally international bridal party. Good luck with the planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board Eeva! I loved reading your planning bio and also laughed at you proposal story.  I also really liked the parts about the traditions that you're incorporating.  FI was born in Sweden but his parents were Finnish (unfortunately they're not with us anymore) so it was really interesting to learn more about the Finnish traditions because I don't think that FI has any idea about some of them! 
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! I've added you to the Canada bio. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I met my FI teaching English in Japan! What ken are you in?
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!I laugh at my proposal story too.  hahahaThanks for reading my bio!  I get excited when people do.  If you or your FI want to incorporate any Finnish traditions into the wedding or reception, probably the simplest and easiest one would be the cake cutting stomp.  Really you don't even need to tell anyone else about it, it can be a silly game that only you and your FI know about.  My FI and I are both hoping the other will be so giddy with the whole wedding celebration that they'll forget to stomp when we cut the cake.  I will win.  Even if I have to stomp on his foot the day before to make him slow.I'm in Miyagi-ken!  Hajimemashite!  Where were you?
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll def have to mention the cake stomp thing!I'll also be wearing his family's crown and after reading your bio it makes so much more sense to me!  I thought it was just an heirloom that had been passed down through the generations but now I'm thinking that in the past it might have been used in the true Finnish traditional sense...I like that a lot!
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ashely, Wow that's amazing that you have the crown!  You should definitely tell the FI about some of the Finnish traditions written in my bio.  And also tell him I'm not some crazy lady out there just writing random stuff pretending to get all "connected with my roots" or whatever.  :P  I had to study traditions like this and lots more in University (Finnish Studies was my major!) plus I've got the passport to prove I a bonafied Finn!  ;)But, being a boy, he still may find the wedding stuff boring.  Either way, I hope you two have a fantastic wedding!  I stalked your bio and laughed out loud at your proposal story.  And reading your tales of Sweden made me miss Finland terribly. :(  I'm hoping to convince FI to take me somewhere in Scandinavia for the honeymoon.  :P 
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gifu - in a tiny little village called Sakashita. Gorgeous mountains, rivers and insane villagers. It was an awesome two years!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards