Massachusetts-Cape Cod

What was it that made you choose your caterer?

Hey everyone - I'm having trouble deciding on a caterer. What was it (for those of you who have decided on one) that made you go with one over the other? I feel like it's six of one half dozen of another. The prices are comparable and so is the food for the most part. What stood out to you that made you make that decision?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: What was it that made you choose your caterer?

• edited December 2011
    Hey, I am new here and may not be much help (helping my sister plan her wedding), but who are you looking at?  She will also have to decide on a caterer.
  • emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crazy Chefs and The Chefs Table. They are both great, I love their ideas and so far working with both companies has been great. It's just hard to know (I'm across the country and can't really do a tasting) who to choose and since half g the wedding budget goes toward the reception - I feel like it's such a big decision.
  • emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to know if anyone here has suggestions about things that made them choose on place over another or if there was something that went really wrong to look out for. Etc...
  • edited December 2011
    Are you getting married at Heritage Museum?  We looked there for Sept/October also (I saw you are Oct 2).  I think she is going for the beach look though.Anyway, I would say things like response time to your requests, knowledge of the questions you are asking, etc would be deciding factors.  We have called caterers for other locations who have not even called back and then others have us set up a meeting and have proposals immediately.  I figure if they are slow getting back to you when you are trying to 'shop' for them, how are they going to be after they have your business?Good luck!
  • acg5acg5 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! We went with the Casual Gourmet. We went to meet with them and we just felt it was a good fit and that we would be taken care of. The tasting really sealed the deal too. Have you read reviews on both of your caterers? Another thing to consider might be whether or not they make cakes. If you are happy with both but one makes cakes, that could help with the decision. Ours did and it was super convenient that they did both. Sorry I can't be more helpful! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards