Rhode Island

AAA does name changes!

Hi girls,  just an update...I called AAA this week after coming home from my hm because I was absolutely dreading going to the DMV.  They do name changes there (at least the Warwick location anyway).  It was so simple, $6.50 and there was no wait.  Wanted to share this new great info!  Wahooo!I'll post vendor reviews soon, promise!!!

Re: AAA does name changes!

• edited December 2011
    Can I get more info on this??  This made my night!  What did you have to bring in?  Where did they change it?  I need info, girl!  Haha.  So far, this whole name change this has really irritated me.  :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It was a piece of cake!  (You need to be a AAA member though.)  I went to social security and changed it there first.  I had to wait 24 hours (ish).  I brought my old license, marriage license, and paperwork from social security.  I also had to bring something with my new address to change that too (I brought a blank check).  Funny thing is, my address changed 3 years ago, I just didn't change it with DMV.  I assume all AAA offices do it, but I went to Warwick.  and, $6.50 that's it, good luck!!You can't change your name on your car registration and car title there, though.
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not every AAA branch has the registry services. Last I checked, it's the Cranston, Warwick, and Narragansett branches. But, if you look up the branch you want on aaasne.com, it will tell you if they do registry stuff there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SmileyInRISmileyInRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just called the Cranston location on Reservoir and they do name changes WOO HOO
  • GEL0153GEL0153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I still have 10 1/2 months b4 that. But, I want to hear your reviews, because I am getting married at crystal lake also and I want to know how it went.
  • edited December 2011
    Speaking of name changes, I am so confused...was I supposed to write my FUTURE name on the marriage license application, or my current (pre-married) name?   It just had room for name, so I put my current name.  I hope I didn't screw up, but I guess I'll figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards