DC

Cheap Dresses

Does anyone have recommendations for the best inexpensive dress shops in the area? I am trying to keep the dress and alterations under $1000 but can seem to only find shops that begin at $1500. Help!

Re: Cheap Dresses

• edited December 2011
    David's Bridal always works. If you don't like them, there's always Alfred Angelo too... And FWIW, I wouldn't get my alterations done at the bridal salon. They WAY overcharge! You can DEFINITELY find a beautiful dress for under $1,000.
  • tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to David's. I got my dress there for $850, originally $1050, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It's from the Oleg Cassini line, which seems to be of a little better quality than the David's line.
  • tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also? There's a wonderful bridal consignment shop in Gaithersburg called "I Do, I Do." They sell brand-new closeouts and discontinued styles as well as consignments.
  • edited December 2011
    blush bridal boutique in gainesville, va or moni's bridal boutique in old town manassas, va.
  • edited December 2011
    I found a dress that I liked and then I got it way cheaper at Netbride.com.  They don't have every designer though, so check first...
  • edited December 2011
    Check your area code one the mori lee website and see if there's a store near you then ask about their prices.  Mori Lee is one of the more affordable designers.  The dresses at our local shop are between 300-900.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can highly recommend [url=http://www.labellabridalboutique.com]La Bella Bridal Boutique in Occoquan[/url].  It is a consignment shop, but with the most individual attention and listening to your wishes I've ever seen in any shop, consignment or not.  We're from Bethesda, and it was worth the trip for us.
  • edited December 2011
    Take a look at the website for DaVinci bridal.  They have some really pretty gowns, and when I searched for prices online it seems to be well under $1,000.  They are supposed to rival David's in price.  Anyway, there is a link to put in yoru zip and see what the closest store is that carries their line.
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is an Alfred Angelo dress and I got it for under $600, not including alterations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Blush Bridal has great dresses at all different price points. Just be honest about your budget and they will help.
  • edited December 2011
    I know i had the same problems; my budget was $1500 but i didn't really wanna spend that and i wanted that to INCLUDE alterations etc. i was extremely frustrated whenever we went looking b/c everything was over my budget and there didnt seem any wiggle room; i went to white swan in vienna and everything was 1500$....i found THE Dress and just couldnt afford there; it got to be about $3k after shoes, veils and all said and done....so i wrote down the style number and designer and called around if they had it and ended up finding it at Ellies Bridal for $900!! If i had some advice, since the area we live in is sorta expensive, i would look and if you find the dress, call around to see if they have it other places and price chceck them; then if you really cnat find it much cheaper- try a sample dress. most samples depending on the store are in really good condition and dont need much work- just a good cleaning that the majority of salons will do included in the price! good luck it can be stressful but just be patient and positive!
  • spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress, a Mary's Bridal at Celebrations De ToDo in Woodbrige for $450 including alterations. It's absolutely stunning, but I did end up ordering it blind cause no stores in the area had a sample, but there are other stores that carry that Mary's line. (The sold me my dress for $200 below MSRP!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards