Washington-Seattle
Options

Is this rude?

So for my bachelorette party, I'd like to have dinner with my mom, FMIL, etc. before we (just the girls) go out. My parents are putting an addition on their house (my grandma is moving in), so it's kind of a mess right now. My FILs have a very nice house with a big formal dining room and could definitely fit everyone. I was thinking of asking FMIL to host a dinner. Is that rude to ask though? I'm not sure how to word it. My mom, sister and I could definitely help with the food, I just feel like her house would be better to have it at. Thoughts?

Re: Is this rude?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you bring it up in conversation? Something like... "I really want to have dinner with you, my mom and the girls but with the addition they are putting on the house I don't think we have room...." and see what happens?
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, sneaky! I am usually so straight-forward I would never even think to do that! I like it though.
  • Options
    dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your FMIL is anything like mine, she'll jump at the chance.  Even if you ask her directly, I don't think it's rude because she's included.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she will be excited for the dinner as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs, depending upon how your relationship with your FMIL is.  If you don't feel comfortable, then maybe see if FI can bring it up with her and say it was his idea?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's rude at all either, but like Tygirl said, it kind of depends on your comfort level/relationship with them. I wouldn't think twice to ask mine, but were really close.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards