Options

~*CONFESSION FRIDAY*~

2»

Re: ~*CONFESSION FRIDAY*~

• Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm not up for going to my sister's football game. FI gets home early tonight and I'd rather have the QT with him. It would be nice as we could have dinner together and time alone since everyone else is going :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I have about a zillion things I need to do right now...but its icky outside and reminds me of Forks from the Twilight series.....and I do have a sore throat...soooo, I think I'll go lay in bed and watch the movie :) I also confess that I came to the conclusion last week that I drink too often(not too much, just too often!), but I have no actual desire to change that lol
  • Options
    jazzycazyjazzycazy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that my Friday off has been amazing although busy.I confess I'm so relieved my car past its MOT today and that I don't have to spend any money on her.I confess that I'm soooo excited about our wedding.I confess that I feel very boring staying in on Friday Halloween night... but we are going out tomorrow!xjcx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SRivera, honey I get it. It's so hard not to take your stress out on your child when they happen to push the right button at the right time... I yelled at Kira so much before I changed to the job I have now, because I was so stressed and sleep-deprived, and I had the shortest fuse known to man. And I felt sooo guilty about it. I had to give myself a timeout sometimes when I knew I was going to snap, so maybe you can try that. And it helps if you can make time for "Mommy & Me" time. Fun outings or projects that are just you two so you get a chance to recharge WITH her, and she'll remember that a lot more than the times you lost your cool. Oh yeah, and I started talking to her about it. I told her why I reacted the way I did and why it wasn't ok, and apologised, just like I make her do when she makes bad choices. And we talked about what I was trying to do so that I wouldn't yell at her as much. I hope this helps a little. Feel free to e-mail me if you wanna talk sometime. chasing.warblers at gmail. Go hug your baby. :)
  • Options
    cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Srivera i meant to say something about your post! I dont really know how it is because i dont have kids, but i have a goddaughter that is 4 and when she comes to visit for a week or 2, i'm ready to go crazy. SOme of the things that she does to make me mad, i have to really think about it and say "is this what 4 year olds to? or is she acting out". That kind of helps me in the way that i know how to react. Like you, i hate yelling, and the comment your daughter said would've made me feel like crying too! Like PP said...if you dont already have it in order, do some "me and mommy" things with her, and also think about what you're going to say before you say it and HOW it's going to come out of your mouth (i do that with FI all the time). My mom always told me "C'est le ton qui fait la chanson" meaning it's the tune that makes the song. It's hard being a mommy...and i commend you for seeing something you feel to change, and trying to do something about it! It shows ur true character!
  • Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls-it's true, being a mommy is probably the hardest job I'm ever going to do.  Once you have kids you realize what kind of person you really want to be.  I want to be the best mommy I can be for her.  It's hard some days to keep it together, but I'm learning to take a moment and think about how I'm going to react.  but thanks again ladies, I really appreciate the kind words =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards