Florida-South Florida
Options

Follow up on not so nice G-Ma!

OMG!Thank you ladies for the support :-D I swear I thought I was the only one that thought that she was nutty.I spoke to FI and he called Grandma right away and told her she can't bring the extra girl. She was all like "I'm sorry, I must of misunderstood" She's a saint with FI since thats her baby. So then of course I looked like a crazy person! W/E!BUT...yeah, no extra perso.About my weight. I told him not to bring it up to her. There is no need to put more fuel in the fire and cause unnecessary tension...I'll just be the bigger person Thank you ladies!Jennius: Your grandma calling your pastor fat is HILARIOUS!! Poor pastor!

Re: Follow up on not so nice G-Ma!

• Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad he cleared that up.WTF up with grandmas?  or that generation? DH abuela is constantly talking about weight, told DH that he has to lose weight, and for me not to gain any. And yes she is sane. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly think it's the generation. Mind you, the lady is about 80lbs over weight (No Joke!) My grandmother is the same way about weight, but she's a little more tactful. I find that that happens a lot too with women from old money. They no longer have it, but they continue with the "customs". FI told me that she is starting to go a little loopy and apparently her "watch what you say" filters are not functioning right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dread seeing my grandmother because every time I see her, she never fails to mention how overweight I've become!! :\ I guess we just have to let their comments slide off of our shoulders. BTW Michelle - the "I'll be the bigger person" comment... you're hilarious ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good!I don't know that it's only that generation . . . I had a friend bring three people, uninvited, unannounced to our engagement party.  We were embarrassed that we hadn't invited those extra three people (because we never talk to them).  He had a house guest too and she wanted to come to the party as well!People!Or, how do you feel about inviting a couple, but one of them can't make it, so they substitute that person with a friend.Yeah, we had that happen TWICE. 
  • Options
    Nydia82Nydia82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you resolved that. Crazy or not, people shouldn't be allowed to behave that way.Unfortunately, I've also had to deal with a crazy relative of my FI who makes your FI grandmother look like Mother Theresa.Crazy is best controlled from the very begining. As soon as you let someone go crazy on you once, if you don't put a stop to it, they'll keep it coming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad your FI was able to call he and alleviate the situation. I agree with all the ladies about the weight thing. My G-ma is the same. When I lost weight, she started talking about my hair!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad that was all taken care of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear he called her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been out of the loop but I just read that and WOW!! I couldnt believe it! I am happy that Fi stepped in and took care of it that way you dont look evil! I am happy you got it all sorted and about your weight as long as you like the way you look then screw everyone else!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Phew. Glad that's over and done with. I wish you could un invite HER! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards