Wedding Etiquette Forum

Are you ready for Daylight savings to end?

It's PITA for me.We do not change.  But all of our TV programming comes from the east coast of the US. So while it's cool the football games will come on at 2pm instead of 1pm.  The Phillies game will come on at 9:30 instead of 8:30.I now have to readjust my TV viewing for the next 6 months.  It takes me a good 3 weeks to get use why the morning news shows are not on at 6am anymore.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Are you ready for Daylight savings to end?

• I hate it because now when I leave work at 6pm it will be dark.
  • Yes, I'm ready.  I hate leaving for work when it looks like I should still be sleeping.
  • that sucks :(I actually like this one bc it feels like I am getting more sleep. It is the other one that sucks the big one.
  • I just want an excuse to sleep an extra hour :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not looking forward to the darkness in the evening, but it's kind of helpful for tonight considering that this Phillies game is probably going to be a late one.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • oh, and now that I just saw Paranormal I am very thankful for that extra hour of sleep because it is going to take me 4 to actually get to sleep... worst movie ever but it gets in your head man
  • It's always a little weird for the first few days, BUT I'm happy with it tomorrow because I have a race in the morning, and I'll be glad that it feels an hour later.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • you will not catch me watching Paranormal Activity.  I can not watch movies like that.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Lynda, me eitherrrr. H talked me into it because I am always a party pooper about those things. I never even saw the Ring. I regret my moment of weakness is a major way.
  • Yes. Hopefully it will be lighter when I leave work. It gets dark too early on the east coast, even in summer.
  • worst movie ever but it gets in your head manExactly this.  All hype.  I did get kinda jumpy when I heard typical house noises after seeing it, but waaayyyy overrated. Way.
  • You wouldn't catch me seeing Paranormal Activity, and I don't think FI would suggest it. He's seen enough of me being up all night for a week after seeing a scary movie.The worst I had recently was last January when I read the entirety of In Cold Blood in one day. That book is creepy.
    imageimage
  • I forgot we'll have more daylight in the morning.  I guess that makes it better so I'm not getting up while it's dark. 
  • worst movie ever but it gets in your head manExactly this. All hype. I did get kinda jumpy when I heard typical house noises after seeing it, but waaayyyy overrated. Way.Definitely. Save your ten bucks and rent it for like 2 next year when no one even remembers it if you must see it.
  • Sarah, I read In Cold Blood this year too!  Probably about a month ago.  I loved it.  Very creepy and sad.
  • Sarah, I read In Cold Blood this year too! Probably about a month ago. I loved it. Very creepy and sad.It's an amazing piece of writing and something that doesn't leave you quickly. I started reading it one day while I was visiting FI, and it was during his work week so he was working overnights. Finished it about 4AM.... then stared at the ceiling until 8AM when he got back. It's terribly sad and disturbing.
    imageimage
  • What is the book about?
  • I never saw The Ring either.  or The Blair Witch Project for that matter.  The Shining.. forget about it...I can't deal with any of them.

• You should find me on fb. :)
  • The Ring is a good movie.  Blair Witch Project sucked!
  • Kate, the book is about the Clutter family murders, written by Truman Capote.  It happened in 1950's Kansas.  A senseless and brutal killing.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Cold_Blood
  • Oddly enough I can read and watch about real life crimes all day long.  It does not bother me one bit. Creepy movies like The Ring.. no way.

• What is the book about?It's the more or less true story of the murder of the Clutter family in Kansas, based on research that Truman Capote did by interviewing people in their town and also eventually the killers. It's sad because it seems like they were a wonderful family, and disturbing because it was pretty much a random crime committed by two drifters who shot them in their beds.The movie Capote is the story of Truman writing the book.
    imageimage
  • Thanks Capri!
  • That was my next question, Sarah. Maybe I'll have to check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards