New Mexico

Day of coordinator

I replied to a previous post about this, but since it was a bit down the list I figured I would bump it up.Angelica Caffrey is also good, very organized.286-2904.She charges $25.00 per hour and has no minimum amount of hours she requires. You can have her sit with you for just a couple of hours to help you get your ideas straight, or you can  hire her for the day of the wedding.

Re: Day of coordinator

• edited December 2011
    The Venue I'm using told me that it was a waste of money. At least there it is b/c they have a staff that will decorate the tables with your favors, table linens and center peices and they are there until the wedding starts. Im having it at the marriott pyramid hotel. After the wedding starts there is no need for anyone to be there because the DJ is in charge of making sure everything starts at a certain time and is on schedule. Like the bouquet and garter toss, the cake cutting etc. The DJ is in charge of that, so its a good idea to get an experienced one. I understand why you would want to have one. Because I truly did think of having one. But maybe if you having it somewhere that will not take care of those things for you. That way you dont have to worry about anything at all and neither does anyone in your family.My mom will keep track and make sure everyone is there on time. But knowing her, even if I have a DOC she will still do it herself! lol
  • mariposa2244mariposa2244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that as well from my venue, but then I spoke to a cousin of mine who got married a couple of years ago, and she reminded me that there are still a lot of aspects that the venue is not going to take care of. She found that out the hard way. That is when I contacted Angelica about being there for the day of.Such as- did you know that unless the catering manager or wedding coordinator that works for the venue is actually working that day, the other employees are really not going to be concerned with making sure everything is running on time.  Also, who is going to make sure that all the deliveries are on time? Cake, flowers etc.   And who is going to keep the photographer on time?  Who is going to make sure the makeup artist or hair stylist, or officiant are on time? The venue is only responsible for their part, not keeping the bride's timeline.I checked my contract with my DJ and his "official" duties do not include keeping the event on schedule.  He may have a general idea of when to do what, but he can't if the photographer took half an hour longer for pictures than expected, or if something else unexpected happens. I totally understand what you are saying.  I thought about it for a while, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to have the extra expense, but then I remembered that I have done soooo much work and planning, and it will all be in vain if things don't run smoothly.  Anyway. Just my 2cents. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thats all very true. My venue lady said she will be there,  and she will be making sure it starts on time and the employees are doing their jobs.My DJ says he will coordinate what time everything starts and makes sure everything is running on time and smoothly. My mother will be making sure everyone is their on time (cake, flower etc) I didnt want her to do this, b/c I want her to have a good time and relax. But Even if we did have a DOC she will still be worried and want to make sure everyone is there on time. Even tho I want someone experienced and I want everything to run smoothly, I'm not willing to spend an extra $300-$400 on someone to do something I could or my mother could do for free. Plus I can use that for honeymoon money! =D
  • edited December 2011
    If you want the day of coordinator, definitely do your leg work and find one who specializes in day of stuff. There are plenty of coordinators that aren't huge on the day of thing so you might pay more. I know I wouldn't want to jump in and have to be the boss. I'd be terrible at that!TnJ- Are you working with Tammy? She's awesome. My best friend got married there and she did a great job. She was there to make sure things were just fine. Plus she's just a real fun person in general.
    Night swimming in the ocean= pretty sweet reception!
  • mariposa2244mariposa2244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most definately. Angelica only does wedding day coordination.She explained to me that most planners want to feel more in control and do not like day of coordination. In a way a DOC is walking in kind of blind, and she is depending on you to have given her all the information she needs to make your day run smoothly. I guess that would be a bit stressful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards