Nebraska-Omaha

Officiants?!? And DJ's!?!?!

Any suggestions on Officants. I have heard about Signature Ceremonies, I was just curious if there were any other suggestions or reviews and how much they cost.

Also, I need a super duper budget DJ. Like 300 or less. Otherwise we are going through an IPOD. haha. Let me know!

Re: Officiants?!? And DJ's!?!?!

• edited December 2011
    We are using Carol Lynne with I Tie the Knots. She is really nice and easy to work with. we pretty much outlined and wrote our own ceremony (if that's what you want to do). she's as involved as the couple wants...

http://www.itietheknots.com/
  • edited December 2011
    How much is she?

• edited December 2011
    we booked her last fall and i think it was $250.00 total and she comes with an assistant, her own sound system (which i think with signature ceremonies you have to rent your own). You might want to email her to see....
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We are looking for a DJ like $300 or less. Those guys are both expensive. :-(

• wishonastar01wishonastar01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Finch on the Run for a DJ.  I believe he was $450, but I mentioned that my sister used him and he gave me a discount so if I remember correctly we are paying $300.00.  You might want to check and see. He is really willing to work, a lot of fun, and will come to almost anywhere. He is located out of Columbus, NE but is coming to my wedding in Council Bluffs.

Good luck.
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't really help on the DJ, but for an officiant, I would suggest having someone ordained online that would be willing to do it for you. The amount that these officiants in town cost is just ridiculous. I needed an officiant and was pricing around and it was anywhere from $300-$600 for a 20 minute ceremony. Robbery.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using In Stereo with Spencer Williams.  I can't remember whether he is charging us $400 or $500 (I don't have my budget pulled up). 

I can't help much with officiants, but have you looked at having a judge officiate?  We're using a judge and he's not charging anything.  I'm not sure if that's traditional or not since he's a family friend of two of my BMs. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    The officiant that we are using is $250.. he is from Peace Presbyterian in Elkhorn, may want to see if he can do yours..
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    My friend had Signature Ceremonies and they did really good. I think they were $275 or something like that. She said she got a lot of great ideas from them and she ended up writing their own vows and picking readings. Also the rehearsal was included, and the Dj did the music for the wedding so the microphones were included by the Dj. I think most places have speakers anyway. Ask for Dave, he is the one from Signature Ceremonies who did my friend's wedding, and he was so professional and smooth.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Elegance in Imagery (http://www.eiiphotography.com/) for our officiant. They do photography too, but we are just using the officiant part. He is doing our ceremony for $125. That is customize too! They are in Lincoln, but don't charge extra to come to Omaha or for the rehearsal. I would definately contact them!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards