Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Do-it-yourself albums

So I had my first photography meeting today (with Jenni, who is definitely great!) and I'm thinking about the whole album thing.  I just can't fathom how some of these albums are hundreds and hundreds, or even a thousand bucks, when most of them don't even have that many pages.  For people that did their own albums - are you happy with the quality? About how much did you spend?  Or, anyone have any convincing reasons why I should definitely get an album from the photographer??

Re: Do-it-yourself albums

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The contract that I have with my photog requires that we get an album through him and only then will we receive the copyrights to our photos.If I could do this again, I'd just get the copyrights and do the album on my own. No question! I will probably still do the parent albums on my own. Blurb and Shutterfly have high quality photobooks. Or if you want a more "album-y" look, MPix has some options.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way you do - albums are expensive! I am going to use Blurb or Shutterfly to make albums for everyone (me and FI, parents, other family members, etc.)  I think it will be fun to create them!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have the rights to our high res images through our photographer (the wonderful Jen Lowe).  I made our album through Blurb and copies were under $100.  If your curious to see an example ours is at this link- [url]http://tinyurl.com/ygepswg[/url] 
    lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ragdolls - Thanks for the link to your album - it's gorgeous and I can't believe how inexpensive! I've seen your photos before on Jenn's blog and they are amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Blurb is awesome.  :)
    lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    megs_glomegs_glo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used MyPublisher for our parents albums, and blackriverimaging.com for our album.  Definitely not cheap - but much less than the photographers options.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards