Canada-Alberta

Edmonton- Dress Shopping

Hey Ladies!I am getting married on March 27, 2010. I just got recently got engaged and my Mom is flying in from Boston next week to take me dress shopping. I am getting married in the States but will be getting my dress in Edmonton (where we live) to make it easier for fittings. I have booked appointments at:Pure BridalEthosBridal HouseAny tips/advice on where to go and where not to go?Thanks!
TTC #1 Since July 2011
BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
TTC on hold until December

Re: Edmonton- Dress Shopping

• edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Bridal Debut and thought they were fantastic.  I guess they have a new store in Edmonton (maybe where Denilore used to be?).  I'm not sure what that store is like but the store in Sherwood park was great.  Very big, clean and great helpful staff.I also went to wedding world and didn't really like it.  There are too many dresses and really no help so it is hard to know what to try on.  I also shopped at ABC and that is where I originally found my dress but for reasons I won't go into (that had nothing to do with the store) I didn't buy from them.  They are a smaller, older store so not as nice to shop in.  We first went on a weekday and they were not busy and we got great service.  However, after being back on weekends for bridesmaids dresses they seemed quite busy and disorganized!Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought at The Bridal House, and have nothing but good things to say. That was the only boutique that made me feel like a princess. I would say DON'T go to Sposabella. They treated me like garbage! Their try-on dresses were very dirty, and one even had a band-aid stuck in it!! It was nasty!
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Wedding World.  I wanted to be ble to walk in without an appointment, grab some dresses off the rack, try them on myself and get the hell outta there - lol.  Wedding World was perfect for that, so if you're looking for more service or one-on-one attention, I wouldn't suggest it.  They did have a great selection, though.
  • 2_B_A_WIFE2_B_A_WIFE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with pp, DO NOT go to sposabella! they were rude to me and even asked me to leave the store cause i asked to try on one of their dresses (that i pulled off the rack myself, oops) but i didnt like them at all. In West Ed, there is a store beside sposabella, i believe its called nina's fashion. its a smaller store but the service was great. i didnt end up buying my dress from a store (got mine off ebay) but if i had i would have gone to nina's. Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My little man all ready to bat
  • edited December 2011
    As it's been said, DON'T GO TO SPOSABELLA! For my sisters wedding we got our bridesmaid dresses from there and they all came in 6 sizes too small. All four of them. It was such a big ordeal and when all was said and done, although the dresses had been altered to fit, they didn't even discount them or really acknowledge that it was their fault. The owner was very rude to us and now planning my own wedding, I will definitely not be going back there!!!!
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I got my dress at Pure Bridal and they were absolutely amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better experience, my consultant Kay was wonderful! Side Note: Bridal House was awful, I had the worst consultant who was super rude and unfriendly. I would never recommend going there to anyone! I honestly wanted to cry!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Mrs~ToBeMrs~ToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Bridal Debut in Sherwood park. Definately don't go to Sposabella!!! I got yelled at for walking through the door. I've read nothing but bad reviews about it... definately stay away from there. I highly recommend Bridal Debut though! They're awesome and so so helpful!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thats too bad about The Bridal House. I had a very positive experience there. I have a few friends that went there and they also said that they had a good esperience there.
  • edited December 2011
    I am sure you have gone shopping already by now but if you still have not found your dress I would suggest Novelle Bridal on 102 avenue and 124 street in downtown edmonton.  They have beautiful dresses in different styles and the service is fantastic.  I found my dress there and had gone to Bridal house, bridal debut and Pure and I liked Novelle the best.Good luck on your hunt for the most important dress!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards