South Asian Weddings

Dress Shopping - Traditions (Edison) and others

My mom and I went on an engagement dress shopping mission a few months ago in Edison. We visited pretty much every store on the Oak Tree strip and nearby plazas (we are local). Stores we liked are ones that I later found decent reviews for on here. The ladies at Om the Origin showed us a million outfits and seemed willing to work with us and our budget. Khajana was way out of our price range, the girl made a face when I told her our budget. Luckily I didn't fall in love with anything in there. We liked the girl helping us at Khoobsoorat. She spent a lot of time explaining things to us. The thing that made us hesitate is that we had no idea what we wanted the dress to look like, and they didn't have a lot of designs in the store to "inspire" us. It felt like they were leaving the entire design up to us and we needed a little more guidance than that.After weeks of searching, we had it narrowed down to two dresses at two stores and decided on a whim to walk into a store we had apparently missed, Traditions (at the end of Gandhi plaza). I asked to try on the dress in the window, loved the design and work, hesitated on the color, but the dress was right in our budget. They assured us the color could be changed with a custom order so we went ahead with it...They kept us on edge near the end of our arrival date and we began expecting the worst. Our friends kept telling us stories about the horrors they experience with various Edison vendors scaring us. We got the dress today and I have to say, everything has come through EXACTLY like we ordered. WE'RE SO RELIEVED!!! I just wanted to give this store some love on here. I can't stop admiring my dress, I'm so excited and can't wait to wear it!

Re: Dress Shopping - Traditions (Edison) and others

• manisha083manisha083 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my reception outfit from Traditions as well. I had a similar experience and was thrilled with the outcome! I'm glad you did too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards