Oregon

Photogpher Recommendations?

Hi ladies!  We're in the process of looking for a photographer for our wedding next summer.  Any recommendations?  Photographers to stay away from?

Re: Photogpher Recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    I'm in the process too and it's a big one. A relative of mine was married and used Jena Murry (not sure about the spelling). DO NOT USE HER! My relative did not get her pictures until a year after and paid $4000+. Also, a really great friend of mine does photography but we can't use him because he is in our wedding and I think he wouldn't have any fun if he was worrying about taking pictures. His name is Cory Eldridge. His website is www.coryeldridge.com I'm not sure if his website has his wedding photography on it, but he is professional and a wonderful photographer!!
  • edited December 2011
    if you're on a budget, I can recommend my photog, Andrew Edwards. He was GREAT!!!http://www.photographybyandrewedwards.com/
    My little loves
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Bethany Fegles is our photographer, and she's great!  She's based in Portland, but will travel.  http://bethanyf.com/Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Recommended: Eric Cable Chris Becarra Evrim Icoz Brian Rupp Kate Kelly (formerly Katie Jervis) Craig Mitchelldyer I think photography is probably the one aspect of the wedding where you truly do get what you pay for. This board has some ladies with excellent photography skills in their own right, so if you find a photographer and you want an honest evaluation of their work, just ask.
  • reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great pics shorty!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I really enjoyed my photographer, Amy Vining [url]http://www.amyvining.com/[/url].  She was so great to work with and kept everybody on schedule.  It was almost like having a photographer and wedding coordinator in one!  And the quality her photography just gets better and better.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • edited December 2011
    we used brian shumaker for our wedding. www.shumakerphotograhpy.com other photogs i've used in family photos and just through word of mouth: MsB Photography: www.bsalarzon.com Powers: www.powersstudio.com Jane Johnson Photography (out of Bend, but she will travel): www.ethniphotography.com I personally didn't like Evrim, he did my BFF's wedding last year and he snapped at her relatives. We were all kinda taken aback. Good luck! Photog shopping was my fav part of planning bc you get to see so many different pieces of work. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto what mayfly said. Photos are forever and so picking the right photographer is super important. We went with Craig Mitchelldyer and I can't rave about him enough. His work is outstanding, he's a really likable, down-to-earth kind-of guy and his turn-around time is amazing. He had a CD for us with the hi-res photos the day after the wedding!
  • mjanegoodmjanegood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look around at photographers websites and blogs and see what style you like. Some manipulate photos more in photoshop to make them "artistic" which some people like and other people don't. We used Eric Cable. He's expensive. But incredibly talented; the photos were beautiful composed and the colors are so rich. We weren't forced to buy albums/prints through him, so we ended up getting TONS of high res files to print cheaply (we're using adoramapix.com) whenever we like.
  • mjanegoodmjanegood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By the way, some of our pics are here:http://tinyurl.com/lg59ft and others here:http://tinyurl.com/ll6a6t
  • AmberStinsonAmberStinson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From what I can tell, each photographer has a style, and once you find one you identify with, you will know :)We are using Mosca Photo and they are just great to work with. They are artistic and great at capturing real moments. You can see our engagement photos and others at http://moscaphoto.blogspot.com.Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Lauren Brooks. She was awesome and I tell everyone about her. Again, I agree with everyone that you get what you pay for. We payed a pretty penny but could not have been happer. I look at our photos all the time, and frequent Lauren's blog. She tops herself with ever new shoot that she does.
  • LizInPDXLizInPDX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much for the recommendations!  Sorry about the typo in the subject line--I'm usually better about catching those.  Oops.  Anyhow, we're meeting with some photographers over the next week or so and once we narrow it down I will definitely come back and ask for some input!:)
  • edited December 2011
    I loved, loved, loved our photographer! We used Jenifer Johnston of Polkadot Photography (polkadotphotography.net). She took amazing pics and was so much fun to work with. Here is a link to some pics of our wedding she posted on facebook... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2036768&id=1429646617&op=6Hopefully, the link works! :)
  • FutureACEFutureACE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Chris Becerra. And I agree you get what you paid for. Photos were the one thing I was willing to blow the bank on and we paid a decent amount but MAN was it worth it!!! Our video from him is great too! He's really up for anything and cares about everything. We also looked into Lauren Brooks and Stephen Wagner.
  • anvloveskmeanvloveskme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw a recommendation for Bryan Rupp further up on the responses. He and his wife Leah just did my wedding on 09/04/09 and I couldn't be happier!!! We paid around $1500 and are thrilled with the pics (although I believe his prices have gone up a bit since then). It was his first time shooting at our venue and hotel (The Crown Ballroom, The Nines) and he did a superb job!!! Also, he and his wife are very fun-loving and great to be around. You can see some on his blog, we are the first entry Amy & Kelly: www.bryanruppphotographyblog.com
  • edited December 2011
    We love our photographer. We have just had our engagement photos done and they turned out great! toriannephotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Hey I found out about a wedding show at the heathman hotel  and they are giving away a wedding dress and all kinds of prizes!  nov. 21
  • surf4eversurf4ever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kris Stalnaker in salem Oregon... he is awesome!!!
  • JenAJenA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a great experience with Evrim Icoz Photography. He was calm and professional and kept things running smoothly and friendly and the pictures turned out great. He also did my BFF's wedding and same results. Other photographers who are good are Eric Cable and Joseph Milton.
  • FutureACEFutureACE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we loved Chris Becerra. He did our pictures and video!!! All around amazing!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Katie AndersonGina Emerson
  • wishingwellwishingwell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some great choices are:
    Lauren Brooks
    Dayna Schroeder
    Amy Vining
    Eric Cable
  • annaj14annaj14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that you get what you pay for and there are a ton of photographers out there.  We wanted someone who wasn't cheesy (not a lot of add in and over the top photos).  Once we met with Rebekah Johnson we were done.  She has some amazing photos, is very willing to work for what you want, and has a great eye for people shots.  Her work is great!
  • edited December 2011
    this is a big decision, since it's all you have left after the event! I think it's key to find the style and images you are really drawn to on their site and then meet with 3 of your fav's. Remember experience comes in to play for pricing, so you pay more for that and if you are getting an album. I love checking out their blogs for new images-I'm a big photo fan!

Some of my fav's in town are:

Lauren Brooks
    Jasmine Photography
    David Barss 
    We love weddings (Aj's Studio)

• edited December 2011
    Sara Gray Photography. She is really personable and good. Her site is http://www.saragrayphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards