New York-Hudson Valley

Where did or where is your Fiance & Groomsmen going?....

Hi Ladies -
Where did or where is your FI and Groomsmen going for their tuxes and or suits? 

I went w/ my FI to Mens' Warehouse today .... UGH was terribly disappointed.
Figured I could get some guidance from you as usual :-)

Thanks for your help.

-Lee
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where did or where is your Fiance & Groomsmen going?....

• mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My guys went to Men's Warehouse, but we were pretty much forced to-  We had guys coming from all over the country and it was the only place that made sense.  To be honest, I didn't have the best experience with them, but in the end it was OK.  

Sorry I can't be more help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we did Simoni's in Newburgh.  They all looked great, but we def had a mix up with the tuxes and they tried to blame my FI for coming early, even though he called and they told him to come. His pant legs were uneven, they didn't have someone's shirt, they had to go back the next day for the rest of them. In the end everything was fine, but just not a stress you want to deal with 2-3 days before the wedding.

I've yet to hear of a bride with a good experience with tuxes.
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I trust your judgement since you've  been the one that recco'd a hair salon to me and they are fantastic (Hair by Dena) and totally love the airbrush tanning girl :-)  ...

I just found Men's Warehouse to be less then helpful. The girl was so busy cleaning the keys on the cash register and I was looking at her like are you kidding me? I was trying to find vests and ties for him to try on and she was doing that. So Bizzare!  Her tune changed when my FI kept asking me questions and she overheard my comment and I said  to him well unfortunately she's not much of a help so we might as well go. It was hard to get the full affect since they don't have tuxes there to try on. Just the jacket.

Did your husband rent the tux from them but wore a tie & vest or he bought one of their suits? I just didn't even think they had a wide variety of white vests either, Did you go with him to pick everything out?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we used men's warehouse. all but one of our guys went to the one on central ave and they were actually great. we were concerned that one of our gm's wouldn't be home in time to order his tux and they gave me a measurement card and told me to just have him get measured by the base tailor and give them the measurements and they'll take care of it. luckily it wasn't an issue, but it was nice that they could do that. i think with men's warehouse it depends a lot on what store you go to. 

there's also that tux place by the cross county mall that i've heard good things about. i forget the name. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Mens Warehouse in Danbury CT. We were trying to find something located  in the middle for te groomsmen and the best man.  BTW...not to confuse anyone my comment above was to Mocknine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Savvi that was in the Danbury Mall...WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!  And I was so thankful to see when Christmas shopping last year it was closed.  I can't even begin....but I will tell you that we had one groomsman that could not take his coat off the whole time b/c his pants were too short and his boxers were showing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where exactly are you looking?  FI once rented a tux from Ezikians sp? in Nanuet and there wasn't any issues.  I have heard that Sossi formal is ok.  I also think Jos A. Bank in Fishkill also rents tuxes!  HTH
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We used Sossi Formal in Middletown.

• edited December 2011
    We used Men's Warehouse. They were awesome.  Tons of styles, price was great.  Everything fit perfectly.  We had no issues. I was very happy with them.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...SSage you crack me up! 

I found a mom & pop shop in our area that I think I'm going to go with them. We met w/ the guy today and he seems to get the look we're shooting and was very helpful.

I thought I was going to strangle the girl in Men's Warehouse w/ the tape measure around her neck I think she just used it as an accessory. Ugh. Oh well onward and upward.

Thanks again for your input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_did-fiance-groomsmen-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:fcbc8e2a-9d5e-474c-9e22-28443829eb8cPost:69628072-fd33-4ebf-a3ce-69e8ae140f5f">Re: Where did or where is your Fiance & Groomsmen going?....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Men's Warehouse. They were awesome.  Tons of styles, price was great.  Everything fit perfectly.  We had no issues. I was very happy with them.
    Posted by Bat937[/QUOTE]

I completely agree! We used the location at the Poughkeepsie Galleria and JV Mall. And both places were great. Most of our dealings together were at POK, but i went to check at JV which is where my brothers ordered from. Both places were wonderful.

But, because it's a chain I can totally see how some locations are better at dealing with customers than others.
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lee- so glad you love Hair by Dena and Patti!!  Is that who you are going with for the wedding?  I was actually at the salon the day after (I think) you were there!

Here was our issue with MW (we went to the one in JV mall).  Pick up was great.  I asked the guys to try on the whole thing prior to leaving the store.  My BIL's jacket was different from the rest of the guys and it didn't fit right.  The guy at the store told me I was wrong that it was the same... until I took one of the other coats and did a side-by-side comparison.  He finally agreed and ordered the correct one in the correct size.  Of course, not all of the guys tried everything on or looked to make sure all pieces were there.  SO the day of the wedding when they were getting ready, one guy realized he had NO tie!  He went through most of the ceremony without the tie, but the salesman from the MW store CLOSED the store and drove up to West Point to deliver us the missing tie!!!  On top of that, my FIL didn't pick up his tux from the store in Ohio prior to coming to NY, so they overnighted the tux for him.

In the end- they really came through, it was just getting to that point that was a little annoying.

DH rented everything from them.  He wore a black tux, ivory shirt, ivory vest with a taupe (sp?) tie (my dress was ivory with a taupe ribbon).  I don't like the white on white on white- sometimes you can't see the tie in pictures.  He was only able to try on the jacket there and then we dressed up the mannequin with different tie/vest/shirt options for him, the groomsmen, and the dad's.  I actually picked it all out, but I let him believe he picked it! :)

We were also able to get his and the best man's tux for free because we had so many people renting.  MW definitely has good deals, but go with whatever your gut tells you!!

HTH's!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there - Yes I do love going to Hair by Dena and when I was talking about you Gina said you were due to go in that day...I told her to tell you I said hello :-)
    Patti was awesome...I told her I will be giving her a lot of business because most of my bridesmaids want to go thru her along w/ a friend of mine.  I'm due to go to Dena on Sat the 18th but eneded up changing my appt since I'm off on the 17th. Going back on the 31st for Gina to do a brazillian on me :-)

We're goiing to foregoe men's warehouse...I just didn't like the feel I got so we're going through a local tux place that is close to where I use to live in Fishkill. The guy new his stuff. He explained about different materials in terms of vest and my FI explained to him the look he was going for but most of all he did NOT want to look like a butler <haha />  so the vest he's going w/ has lines in it which gives it a silvery look,,makes it stand out more adn he'll be wearing a Calvin Klen suit which the rest of the groomsmen will be wearing as well. Their all tall w/ a nice build so the guy suggested the Ashtin cut would be great for them it more form fitting....they'll make an appt to go in January to get measured. Whew another check yay!

Maybe one day our paths will cross at Dena's? They were awestruck how I came to land on them but were extremely happy I told them I would most definitely spread the word on how fantastic they are After 6 hairstylist I finally landed on someone who knows their stuff, knows how to do color and is grerat w/ styling as well.  I told Dena I'm contracted w/ another hairstylist and makeup artistst. She completely understood but I'll be using them for my BM's and my sister's so they'll make a mint for sure alone from my family and bridal party. So once again thanks to you you solved 2 of my major issues!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards