Latino Weddings

reception menu help

Well I can't decide on the food for the reception. I have gone back and fourth with my fiance about it and he says its all up to me. My all time favorite food is enchiladas. Simple cheese enchiladas and ones of chile verde. I was thinking last night it would be awesome if we had both kinds of enchiladas,with rice and beans for the reception. WDYT?

Re: reception menu help

• latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds yummy, are you planning on having a second option in case someone doesn't like enchiladas? just asking. FI and I want traditional Mexican food but here in Ky it will be hard to find a cater that can make authentic Mexican food. oh well you can't always get everything you ask for. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You know I didn't give too much thought to it just that I love them shouldn't everyone else lol. I am blessed that my family said they would take care of food prep. IMO no one could top their food even if I did pay them lol. I wouldn't mind having a second option or even third I just really don't know what else I would say I had to have with it. Any ideas?
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can have beef fajitas just an idea, I hope I didn't start something regardless if you don't add a second option the food will be great and your guest will love the Enchiladas!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kabarcakabarca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! Just wanted to add that you might want to start calling caterers if you are going to have food catered about the enchiladas. I know that is what I wanted too for my reception for the kids. However, I was told that because its a big chunk then it might be a little more difficult to do because their delicacy. Not that they are hard to do but the fact that if they aren't serve right there and then they will not be good to outlast a whole reception dinner. I hope that makes sense. I hope I haven't discouraged you...hey by all means you are the bride and you do what you like. If thats what you like then by all means go for it just be careful with who will be doing your food if its catered. Ask as many questions as you can to the caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards