Just Engaged and Proposals

worst proposal ever

Someone PLEASE top this I took a facebook quiz that was "when will you get married" and my result was April 25, 2010. This was in July and it seemed perfect to me, I always wanted a late April wedding. So, I published the result to facebook so all my friends could see with a comment like "mark your calanders" then I changed my status to "engaged to_____" of coarse, it wanted _____ to confirm so here's the proposal part: I text him at work "you need to sign into facebook and confirm that we are engaged, if you're ok with that" and he texted me back "can't right now, my phones about to die" I was like "ugh typical man" when he came home, he signed on and confirmed it then a week or two later for my birthday, I picked out a ring on the internet and, with his permission, ordered it using my mom's credit card that she had so gererously added me to the account of after I ruined my credit in college. The bills are paid entirely between the FI and I so its kinda like I paid for 1/2 of it. So now I'm getting married April 24th. (A Sunday wasn't going to work) sorry facebook gods

Re: worst proposal ever

• edited December 2011
    So you're upset that you basically proposed to yourself? Yep, that's pretty bad.
  • edited December 2011
    This is what happens when you let facebook dictate your life... err congrats!?!
  • edited December 2011
    Umm wow, congratulations? you didn't want to wait until your boyfriend mustered up the courage to do it himself? I mean, you basically robbed him of that memory. Just saying.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Amy+ChrisAmy+Chris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...Facebook is fun and all but not for getting engaged! My FI didn't even change his FB until like 2 weeks after he asked. AFTER, lol. I don't think I have a story that can top that, but I have a friend who came close. Her boyfriend came home from a bachelor party stinking drink, flopped down in bed, turned to his GF and said "we should get married." I wonder what the thought process behind THAT proposal was, lol. Yet they are happily married with a 3 year-old, so things turned out well for her and I hope they do for you too!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I robbed us both of that memory and I kinda feel bad now, but he's happy as hell that were finally doing it and so am I so, I guess its not that bad just on days when I get all moody and depressed from reading everyone elses beautiful proposal stories, it comes back to me like "that bastard" but its really my fault. Well, its not like I pushed him into it, we've been talking about marriage since we first got together 3 yrs ago and he was the first one to bring it up. I just know it would've been years before he would've officially proposed cause he has a serious issue with saving money, but that's what he needs me for. I guess I'm just impatient and I guess you could say an "independant" type girl
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not like THAT into facebook either, I just thought it'd be a funny way to be like, guess what I'm getting married! And does make for a kinda cute story.
  • edited December 2011
    just saying, i don't think it matters who pays for the ring... technically all the money in my relationship is mostly pooled together for the bills that need to get paid. he put the down payment on my ring and i pay it every month with my tip money from work. it doesn't bother me one bit because it doesn't really matter to me which bank account it comes out of. so i think that's kind of a selfish way to look at it. i say be happy that you have a ring after the pushy facebook proposal you made.
  • edited December 2011
    So you basically let all your friends and family find out you were getting engaged through facebook? Awesome.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure that you should be upset. You technically ruined all by yourself.  I think I do have a story of a close friend of mine, tho I don't know that it quite tops it off because at least she didn't wreck it herself.She was in the kitchen cleaning dishes and he came in from work. He just tossed the ring box at her. He didn't even say a word. She turned around after being hit in the back and saw it was a jewellery box. She opened it and didn't understand what it was supposed to be so she proceeded to ask him "what is this?"  Was a totally different ring than the one she has chosen, she actually still hates it.
  • edited December 2011
    I dreamed about a terrible proposal once...My guy and I were driving in our truck, and he handed me a chocolate eclair, but I could see some sort of jewelry in it.  After I dug it out and tried to clean it off, I realized it was his ex's ring, AND it was missing diamonds!  When I looked at him for some sort of explanation, he didnt even ask me to marry him!  When I woke up, I said to him "If you ever plan on proposing to me, please, PLEASE dont do it like this..."His response?  "What's a chocolate eclair?"lol... then he assured me it would never happen that way!
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hahahahah loved the last post. That's cute hahahaha.
  • SamKins811SamKins811 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes! And I thought my friend ruined her proposal by just nagging the crap out of her boyfriend until he finally gave her a ring... I feel like, even though it's not just the bride's wedding of course, it's still more "her day" because everyone dotes on her and all eyes are on her for most of it. But the proposal is definitely the groom's day. It's the one thing he gets to plan entirely by himself and at his own pace. Poor guy. When my boyfriend proposes, I want it to be the ring he wants to give me, the time and place he chooses, and all when he's ready and truly wants to do it. He must really love you if he went along with it and didn't leave I guess though, so congrats?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it beats the heck out of no proposal.
  • jadedecarojadedecaro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i thought mine's bad...im sooo sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    I dont think many people can top that. I dont know if I could marry a guy feeling that guilt of thinking I pressured him to propose. Now you'll never know if it was what he wanted or not. But on the other hand, if its meant to be, youll laugh 50 years from now... and who is to say theres a certain way true love is supposed to happen? Good luck dear and many blesings on your marriage
  • edited December 2011
    I think everyone who took that quiz got the same date....
  • edited December 2011
    There's a quiz out there you can take that says when will you have a baby.  I'd probably stay away from that one.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "it beats the heck out of no proposal." HAH! I seriously doubt that.
  • Are you OK? Do you have any sort of problems? I seriously think you should be seen if you dont..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards