California-Bay Area
Options

I'm honeymooning in San Fran (ideas)

Hi Ladies, I'm from NH and honeymooning in San Fran in August. I've been there years ago. My FI and I really want to hear some great music and eat some good food while we're out there. I was wondering what your favorite bars/clubs/restaurants are. I figured that you would know better than anyone. We're a very laid back couple. My FI is actually a beer salesman and we both just really like having a fun time. We enjoy Drinking good beer, good music and all sorts of cuisine. Our favorite bars usually tend to be "hole in the wall" types that have a lot of character. Thanks!!

Re: I'm honeymooning in San Fran (ideas)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! August in SF?  brrrr...bring a few sweaters!  :)  Cali in general can be beautiful warm, but SF has a micro climate all it's own...it's called fog.  Just be forewarned.  Can't really speak for too many bars per say, but kinda cool music venues  to check out, if shows are going on while you are in town: clubs type - Bimbo's, Yoshi's, Slim's, Bottom of the Hill & Great American Music Hall & venues that are cool to check out; Warfield, Fillmore, Regency Ballroom.  There are tons of cool little bars that have live music.  Check out SFGATE.com for a great list of happenings in the City when you get closer to your visit date.  Another great resource for food/bars/scene etc. is YELP.   Bay Area folk use Yelp quite a bit and you can get some great lists of cool things to do mostly with recommendations from locals.  Lastly, if you are into baseball....buy the cheapest ticket you can get and go to PacBell Park where the Giants play.  The vibe there is cool and lotsa fun.  Have fun in our City by the Bay! 
  • Options
    techavez1127techavez1127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! SF can be an awesome place to explore. I definitely recommend going to pier 39/fishermans warf. Also, go to the North Beach for awesome Italian food. It definitely compares to the North End in Boston. ;-) There are some awesome hole in the wall bars and lounges in SF. There is a martini bar in particular that I loved but I dont remember the name. Also, if you like wine around the Bay Area there are awesome little Wine cellars and vinyards. You can also go whale watching and take a mini cruise around the bay with the bridges (Very romanitc). Check out Baker beach too. We just had our engagement photos there this past August and we saw Dolphins and Seals all over the place. Hope you guys have a wonderful time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards