Mississippi

Just Engaged!

I just got engaged Monday! I'm so excited! It's almost hit me now that I'm engaged..but before my fiance and I were doing a little of pre-planning. We've only be able to find a few reception sites... Some are beautiful, but a little expensive..Some are inexpensive but droopy. If anyone has any reception site places to suggest, please let me know them!

Re: Just Engaged!

• edited December 2011
    First of all, Congratulations! Second, where in Mississippi are you getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    I want to get married in the more southern area. The farthest away up north I want to go is Hattiesburg, then the lowest would be the gulf coast. I may also be considering a wedding in either Baton Rouge or New Orleans. Thank you for responding!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Hattiesburg this summer. Try some of these reception places in the H'burg area if you're interested:Petal Civic CenterBig Creek LodgeUSM (they have ballrooms available for rent)Lake Terrace Convention CenterTrain DepotJackie Dole CenterHattiesburg Cultural CenterHoliday Inn & SuitesSouthern OaksAsh Leah Manor
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Everyone for your responses with this issue. Does anyone know of any places such as plantations or older homes, places that offer a beautiful outside setting for a ceremony or even an outdoor reception?
  • edited December 2011
    There is a place on Robinson Rd. in Gulfport I think called the Magnolia Plantation, I'm sure you could google it I'm not sure about the phone number. But I do know 2 people that have had reception's there! All the Yacht Clubs on the coast, Gulfport, Biloxi, Long Beach all of those offer wedding/reception places. I will try to see if I can find anything else and let you know.
  • edited December 2011
    There is a beautiful place on the water in Gautier, MS. That's the gulf coast it's called the Old Place. You can do ceremony and reception there. They have a website you can google. I've been to several weddings there. the only downside is that depending on the time of year the gnats (tiny, annoying biting bugs if you're not familiar :) can be bad. But other than that, it's beatiful
  • edited December 2011
    Updated Rules From: Knot Annie Date: 2/2/2009 at 10:04 AM We've had issues with Knottie Vendors and we've recently updated our rules to TRY and make it fair for everyone. We can't make everyone happy, but we've done our best. These are the updated rules. TheKnot.com is a place for brides who are in the process of planning their wedding. Any message board member who is affiliated with the wedding industry is not allowed to post about their company affiliation (travel agency, reception hall, florist, makeup artist, etc.) or use any other members for means of advertisement. If they do this, they will be banned from our community. Brides are welcome to post on The Nest after their wedding and must continue to follow our community rules. We understand that some brides work in the wedding industry but want to be a part of the community while planning their own wedding. We certainly want them to utilize all the information other Knotties can offer them on our message boards. However, once any reference is made to their services/company, we must ban their account out of respect for Knotties who do not want to be solicited, as well as respect for vendors who adhere to our Community Rules and do not post on the boards. We want everyone to have full use of our site, but brides must make a choice to utilize the site either as a Knottie or a vendor and follow the community rules in that manner. Once they decide to mention their business affiliation, they have chosen to violate our community rules and therefore have chosen not to be a part of our community in the future. Links in Signatures- What’s Allowed: Your Bio For Sale (only items from your wedding) Engagement/wedding/TTD pics, etc. Personal blogs What’s Not: Etsy stores Any wedding-related items that you are selling that are not leftover from your wedding Links to Google pages/site that include Etsy or Knotties-for-Hire, etc. Design sites (invitations, programs, etc.) Discounted or free wedding services for members on The Knot (photo shoots, monograms, etc.) Anything other profit-generating services (wedding-related or not) This type of content cannot be posted on The Knot in any format, including signatures, board posts, or bios. Also- Please remember you are responsible for the material you submit to The Knot, including taste, reliability, originality and copyright. Author(s) may be held legally responsible for copyright infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy, as well as any damages arising out of actions resulting from materials submitted by you and posted by The Knot. You are responsible for ensuring that your message or posting does not violate any extant copyrights. To view our Terms of Use in its entirety, you can go to http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-cernter/the-knot-about-us/articles/the-knot-terms-of-use.aspx"
  • bbjusbbjus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats! i am having my wedding and reception in hattiesburg at a brand new venue.. it's called aislynn mansion (pronounced ash-lyn) go to timelessweddings.com and you can see the pictures.. it's a 3 story old victorian home.. on the back is the bouie river adn the front is going to be an english garden.. everything is benig reconstructed and i am actually one of the first people to book this location.. happy engagement!
  • edited December 2011
    bbjus, I tried to look for the Aislynn Mansion but the website you had did not work. Do you have another link to it?
  • bbjusbbjus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes i'm sorry.. the best link is riveraislinn.com it leads straight to photos of the mansion.. please let me know what you think about it!
  • edited December 2011
    bbjus, The Mansion is beautiful from what I see! I may even consider it! haha. I just wish they had pictures of the "garden area". Thanks for your help! And thank you to everyone else for your help with this!
  • bbjusbbjus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh i know.. they had a landscape architect out a couple of weeks ago to design the garden area.. they are supposed to have the sketchs of what it is going to look like posted on the website in a week or two.. i'll let you know when they do! happy you like it!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you like the idea of a plantation setting, have you ever looked into Natchez?  There are a ton down here and they're all equally beautiful.  Monmouth and Dunleith are my favs!  You might also try looking at asimplychicevent.blogspot.com for suggestions. They are in this area and may have venues listed...not sure. Good luck and congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards