Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ok so maybe I won't go to class after all

Just walked outside to get into my car to go to class and my tire is flat. I also developed a cold over the weekend, and one of my professors is super paranoid about getting sick and kicks people out of class for coughing. So I guess I'm staying in today. How is everyone on this lovely Monday morning?

Re: Ok so maybe I won't go to class after all

• Options
    Home sick from work. Ugh. Upper respiratory infection = Suck a$$.
  • Options
    Not at all excited about being in the office. That's about it so far :)
  • Options
    Sorry about your tire and your cold, but I'm happy that you'll be around on a Monday!
  • Options
    Oh, but I did find a lovely occupier of time...Morphing pictures of Fi and me online to see what our kids might look like. LOL!It kills the boredom.
  • Options
    My E-Ring is trapped in the sink.  It fell into the overflow hole of the pedestal sink (don't even know how this is possible - I couldn't throw it in there if I tried).  I ripped off the elbow drain thing but it didn't fall that far.  It's trapped between the two bowls.  DH is (fortunately) off today so he assured me he will get it back.  I was ready to smash the sink off the wall with a sledgehammer, but he talked me down.  Mondays suck.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Les - that's one of my biggest fears. I'll be crossing my fingers for you.
  • Options
    My older DD was rear ended on Friday and it pretty much totaled her car. Yesterday she woke up with a sore throat, aside from being sore from the wreck, and this morning she has a throat full of strep blisters and can't be seen at our dr. until 3pm. So I'm being Mom today, handling the wreck info with the insurance and satellite caring for her from work. Just when I thought things would calm down after the wedding...
  • Options
    Good morning! I'm still being lazy this morning.  I'm sorting through the rsvps we have yet to receive and am pretty sure that FI is going to be cranky this weekend when he has to call the 38 couples that have not yet sent their cards in.  As of right now, I'll only have 9 to call.
  • Options
    Bec -- That so sucks for your DD! Strep is horrible! I hope she feels better soon!
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the FIOS guys to come install these lines even though we probably won't use it. They're outfitting our entire complex with it. Yay?And I'm job hunting. Of course.
  • Options
    Awww, Bec, so sorry about that.  I hope your DD is ok.  Now that my two are starting to drive I'm so worried every time they leave the house. I FREAKED when my ring fell into that stupid hole.  It's pretty heavy, but it was like slow motion how it got sucked in there.  DH is so sweet when I'm upset.
  • Options
    Dudley-  I'm jealous.  I wish I didn't have to go to work today or my class tonight.  Mondays suck.  Bec- that's horrible!!  I hope she is okay.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about that Bec. I hope she's okay. On a happy note, I ordered bridemaid dresses today for my BMs.
  • Options
    I had a severe allergic reaction to something this morning. I'm not sure what it was, but I feel better now. :) Sounds like Monday is a great day for health issues.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Les - That sucks. I hope your able to get it out ok.Bec - I hope your DD is ok!
  • Options
    Sun - Morphing babies eh? Where is this website? I'd like to try that out for boredom's sake.
  • Options
    She's fine, just a little sore and upset over her car. She'd only had it since August. I just hope they total it and give me the book value so we can get her something else quickly. The other kid's mom was a real biyotch. The kid was driving an SUV and plowed into DD's civic without even braking. She couldn't understand why DD called the cops, and just wanted to exchange info. She kept bringing it up and bringing it up, bitchingabout having to call the cops for a "bump up", and smart people from the north, like her, needed to help us dumb southerners figure out what to do in an accident. I finally looked at her and said, "If this was a bump up that's exactly what we would have done, but this is a WRECK. Your son has pretty much totaled my daughter's car, so we'll be needing a police report." Her kid got a ticket, which really infuriated her, but that's how it goes. Sorry! Love, Stupid Southerner
  • Options
    On a lighter note, I think I'm going to change my siggy pic today.
  • Options
    What a cvnt! I hate people like that.
  • Options
    Good for DD standing her ground, Bec.  Some people are so stupid - like you're just going to say 'that's ok' when he totaled her car?  Um, no.
  • Options
    Monday is blah so far. Funny story: my husband and I went to lunch with some of my friends from college on Saturday, and one of them has a brother getting married, and mentioned the knot. My husband, being the clueless guy that he is, goes, "Oh, are all of you on the knot all day like my wife?" I then had to explain that I kill time on "the messageboards" since my job is so boring, but I was so embarrassed. I told my husband on the way home to stop telling everyone I'm on "the knot all day". This isn't the first time he's done this. 
  • Options
    Add to me to the at home sick roster. I'm in bed with some tea and a book. Feel better everyone! Les - Biggest fear ever is dropping my e-ring down something. Hope you get it back soon. Bec - That sucks :(
  • Options
    Sorry everyone is having a crappy Monday. We're having the front tires replaced today, but FI is paying for those--YAY! And the only good thing about this Monday is that it is my Thursday!!  We're off Wednesday for Veteran's Day then I have Thursday and Friday off! 
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Georgia - I had a similar situation happen the other day! I was doing practicum hours at a local nursing home and the RD I was shadowing was asking me about my wedding plans. Then she mentioned that she used TK during her planning and she recommended it for me. She then said the message boards were helpful too. My response.. "Yea.. I'm a moderator on TK already." Haha
  • Options
    www.makemebabies.comI also used www.morphthing.com -- but it just overlaps the two photos and you can tell, as in our "baby girl" had a goatee. LOL
  • Options
    Bec, that woman is an a$$.  Glad the kid got a ticket, and I am happy that now that wench's insurance is going to go up nice and high.  Serves her right.  I would have done the same thing, for the record.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Whoa. That was one ugly baby!
  • Options
    Les, that's so weird.  I had to dig my e-ring out of the garbage disposal yesterday afternoon.  Whenever I'm washing dishes or cooking, I put my rings in a shot glass in a window sill above the sink.  I knocked over the shot glass yesterday and had to dig three of my rings out of the garbage disposal.  And I didn't cry or cut myself, so it all worked out pretty well.  I also moved the shot glass and will not be doing that ever again.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Sunkissed -- the "goatee" comment made me chuckle out loud at my desk, I think that'd be hilarious!  That's a pic worthy of posting on here, at least that's what I'd vote for!
  • Options
    Bec, good for you for calling the cops! That lady seems like a douche. Hopefully she feels better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards