Wedding Etiquette Forum

turn down the suck

2»

Re: turn down the suck

• And see? It is because of all of you people that say "Don't go out to eat" that my husband lost his old job. :-P
  • what are you having for lunch? had waffles with strawberry jam and a mug of tea (this is my breakfast, I love days off)favorite type of berry? Saskatoon berries!!!!!!!something you do that is bad for the environment? (drive a gas guzzler, throw out your cardboard) leave every light on in my house when home alone.something you conciously do that is great for the environment?  I try to recycle as much as I possibly can.best money saving tip? Bring your own coffee/lunch to work instead of running out to buy it.
    kablah.....that is all.
  • I have cloth grocery bags, but never remember to take them anywhere.I have probably about 100 of these, and they sit nicely in a big drawer in my kitchen...I always forget until I'm AT the register. and then I buy more cause I feel guilty about the plastic.
    kablah.....that is all.
  • 1. left over BBQ'd chicken on a bun with yogurt and raspberries.2. raspberries.3. i always forget the bathroom light on.  i remember to turn off others, just not the bathroom.  i hate reusable water bottle/canteen type things.  they gross me out, i think because i had one that was hard to clean properly in the nooks and stuff and it smelled funny.  so i use bottled water when i go on roadtrips.4. i recycle ziplock bags, use reusable bags at the grocery stores, i hang a lot of clothes to dry, we use energy efficient light bulbs - except for in the bathroom.5. compare prices of more than one grocery store, plan your meals ahead of time, use left overs to make other meals.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • what are you having for lunch? Leftover lentil dish FI made.favorite type of berry? All of 'em. Probably raspberry, but I like blackberries and cherries, too.something you do that is bad for the environment? (drive a gas guzzler, throw out your cardboard) - Use conventional cleaning products, bug spray, drive too much.something you conciously do that is great for the environment? CFL bulbs in all the outlets, keep the water heater low, turn off lightsbest money saving tip? Buy only what you need - food wise, clothes wise, etc.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I have cloth grocery bags, but never remember to take them anywhere.I'm getting better about using them. I put my purse and keys on top of them to remind me to take them to the car. If I only have a few items and I forgot the bag, I just ask for no bag.  I do not see the point in needed a bag for a couple of items.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • what are you having for lunch? the managers bought pizza today. had 2 slices of that and now baby carrots and a saladfavorite type of berry? strawberries or blueberriessomething you do that is bad for the environment? (drive a gas guzzler, throw out your cardboard) let the water run while washing dishes instead of turning it on just when I need to rinsesomething you conciously do that is great for the environment? recyclebest money saving tip?  god, I think you are asking the wrong girl. But I find if I put cash aside in an envelope, I won't touch it--I feel guilty taking it out of a designated fund.  But if it's in one of my bank accounts, I will think nothing of taking even $20 out, even if I know I shouldn't.
    Crosswalk
  • what are you having for lunch? Select Harvest minestrone soup and spinach salad.favorite type of berry? raspberriessomething you do that is bad for the environment? (drive a gas guzzler, throw out your cardboard) drive to work every day. something you conciously do that is great for the environment? recycle! best money saving tip? Bring your lunch to work. I spend around $150 on groceries every two weeks, but that is for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That averages to just over $3 a meal!
  • what are you having for lunch?  Left over smoked roast beef on a bun, an apply, and a butterscotch pudding.favorite type of berry?  Raspberry.something you do that is bad for the environment? (drive a gas guzzler, throw out your cardboard)  I don't recycle anything other than bottles and cans.something you conciously do that is great for the environment?  I turn the heat down at night and when we leave for the day.best money saving tip?  I don't really have any.  I should follow some of yours, though.
  • lunch: chicken egg rolls fav. berry: lingonberry bad for the environment: run the air all summer longgreat for environment: try to recycle as much as possiblebest money saving tip - Never give FI the cc if he's going to Lowe's.  Stick to a shopping list and cut coupons.
  • I'm having some turkey and cheese for lunch.Strawberries are my favorite.My environmental bad is using grocery bags for my little trash cans in the house.My environmental good is to recycle as much plastic and glass as we can.Good money saving tip - raiding the 50% off bin at Fresh and Easy and putting some great cuts of meat into the freezer.
  • Ditto on hanging clothes to dry. It saves a lot of energy to hang your clothes to dry rather than using the dryer, which in turn saves you money on your electric bill. The only thing I dry is socks and towels/sheets. And in the summers, we even hang the sheets to dry.
  • what are you having for lunch? hm, I don't know. Probably poptarts while I drive to work favorite type of berry? straw something you do that is bad for the environment? (drive a gas guzzler, throw out your cardboard) I have an SUV, don't recycle(unless it's cans, bottles, and glass bottles, I get 10 cents back for those babies!) something you conciously do that is great for the environment? reusable bags(when I remember to bring them), I donate what I can best money saving tip? don't change your major halfway through your Senior year. And don't go to an expensive private college unless you know for a fact that you can get a quality education there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Tomato soup....damn I forgot it in the car! Boysenberries...ymmmm We dont' recycle our paper and I own a really old car..... We always recycle our glass, aluminum and try to conserve water The keep the change thing from B of A! $250 in the last 2 months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards