Hawaii
Options

Reception questions

Hey Ladies,
I have a couple more questions:
How far in advance did you send your invitations for your reception back home if you are having it right after your return?

Also, does anyone have any good ideas on wording? We are wanting it to be very laid back and are just doing hamburgers and hotdogs.. more like a party than a reception. 

Thanks for all of the input.

Re: Reception questions

• Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending out the save the dates for the at home reception at 6 months and the invitation when we are on Maui.  So that will be about 8 weeks before.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Generally speaking you can send invitations to AHRs the same amount of time before the event as for a local wedding - 6-8 weeks beforehand.  Keep in mind that invitations should reflect the formality or casualness of your event.  Also you don't need to send STDs for a reception, especially if it's a fun casual party like what you have planned.

Have a great time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As Carrie and Kimmykupcakes suggested, we sent AHR invitations 8 weeks before the event since we had many out of towners.  We did not send formal STDs for the AHR, but our parents did email a few key out of townfriends back when we first set the date for the reception.

Our wording was quite formal as we had a ballroom reception, but I'd recommend checking Brea's bio as she has a cute AHR invitation.
    http://gettingmauid.weebly.com/paper.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards