Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

My brother got engaged!

I'm really excited and I just wanted to share. Apparently it happened while they were out in Las Vegas for my wedding, but they're going to announce it at my marriage celebration party on Friday. I'm not supposed to know, but my mother has a big mouth.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My brother got engaged!

• Options
    Apparently it happened while they were out in Las Vegas for my wedding, but they're going to announce it at my marriage celebration party on Friday.I can't lie, I find this a bit odd.  You aren't at all annoyed by this timing?
  • Options
    I've never heard it called a marriage celebration party before.
  • Options
    What is a marriage celebration party?  Did you have a DW or something?  I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just curious.And congrats to your brother.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I'm slightly annoyed that they are going to announce it at our party, but then I think about it and it makes me feel pretty selfish. I'm very happy for them.
  • Options
    Yep, we had a DW, but we didn't want a full-blwon reception. Just a casual party with our friends who were unable to make the trip.
  • Options
    DH says it's still a reception, but I don't really like the sound of it. It sounds too formal.
  • Options
    Congrats to you! And to your brother! If it were me, I would say something to him to let him know you already know. Maybe it will make him more comfortable? Who knows. It's an awkward situation. But congrats to you both!
  • Options
    Good for you, not being selfish about it.  I think you've got a great attitude about it.  We knock beebee's on here all the time for their selfish wedding behavior, so it's nice to see the opposite.
  • Options
    Congrats to both of you! I think it is a little odd too, especially since they didn't at least let you know they were going to announce it at the party, but I'm glad you aren't freaking out about it. I guess maybe it doesn't seem like such a big deal since it is a more casual party, not the actual wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    You're a better woman than I.  I'd be upset about timing.
  • Options
    I'm jealous.  I really want someone to make a huge announcement at my wedding to divert attention from me.  Maybe my sister will get pregnant by then. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards