North Carolina

Wedding colors--a dilemma....burnt orange and teal?

Hi ladies! I'm hoping that I can enlist the expertise of other women out there as I am facing a big dilemma with my September, 2012 wedding--the colors. I know September is getting into the fall season, and I absolutely love the traditional fall colors. However, I wanted something with a little pop...something different! I was thinking of a color scheme that include burnt orange, red-orange and teal. Or perhaps burnt orage, teal and a green.

I have no idea if these colors will look good together or are appropriate for that time of year! Any help or advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much and congratulations to all my fellow brides!

Re: Wedding colors--a dilemma....burnt orange and teal?

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look great together : http://www.theperfectpaletteblog.com/2010/03/western-wedding-shades-of-orange-teal.html

I love that blog, because you can click on a color along the left hand side and it will show you all the combos for that color the blogger has put together.  There are 40 for burnt orange, and 20 for teal (including 2 other posts that involve teal and orange), if you wanted to look at other combinations! 

My colors were royal blue and orange -- I love orange!
  • edited December 2011
    I think burnt orange and teal would look great!  I'm getting married in August and doing orange and aqua, kind of the summery version of what you are thinking.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a lot of people try to match their colors up with the time of the year (which is totally cool), but there isn't some rule that says you have to.  It's your wedding! I think those colors would look great together regardless of the time of year.

Hope that helps!
  • SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think those colors would be beautiful. My colors are peach and teal, there's some inspiration boards on my bio if you want to check it out. GL
  • edited December 2011
    My colors are teal & burnt orange and I am getting married April 9th, 2011 // My colors originally were burnt orange and sage green w/ ivory and originally the guys suits were tanish color, but I had to change the suits due to not having all the sizes. So the guys suits are a dark charcoal grey w/ a mini blue pin stripe and I found these teal dress shirts at Kohls on clearance for the guys.  My fiance is going to wear a white button down w/ a teal tie.  My girls are wearing tealness dresses by Alfred Angelos.  I'm going to have circus roses, oyellow roses, orange asiatic lilies, and  yellow daisies for my flowers & centerpieces.  I have these old world jars that are going to be filled with oranges & grapefruits, and the table appliques are going to be burnt orange.  I'm excited about my choice in colors and I think with the flowers its really going to make everything pop.  My wedding is in less than 2 months so I will post pictures of the color combo once we are Married!!!! Good Luck to you!
  • jamiebeelerjamiebeeler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was actually considering the same colors...with a wedding in Bora Bora!  I think it would be so fun!  I haven't seen many wedding in those colors.  Aquamarine our our birthstones and my fav color is teal his is orange......trying to make it all work??
  • niki0763niki0763 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Definitely post pictures. I am doing similar colors in Miami and would love to see how they come together!
  • meghananderikmeghananderik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of the same colors for our wedding in October 2010 near Austin, Texas, I'm really hoping I can pull those colors off because I'm in love with the idea, but I can't find many pictures with those colors, so any pics that anyone has that they can post would be greatly appreciated.  I also wish theknot.com had teal as color choice for when they asked our wedding colors!  Good luck and congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    My friend getting married August of next year is doing burnt orange and teal.  I say go for it!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married 28 July ,2012 and burnt orange and teal are my colors can any one send some pic with the colors please
  • edited December 2011
    I think they will look great together..I'm also planning a wedding for September 2012 burnt orange is the color my fiancé wants..so I'm trying to come up with the other colors... I say go for it...
  • sgd5002sgd5002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I am actually planning a September 2012 wedding also and am hoping to do a dark teal and burnt orange.  Finding examples has been a bit challenging because it is either too light and bright of a teal or orange, but I did have luck finding a few.

http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/75368/Board.jpg

http://www.dessy.com/data/styleboard/b_41284_snapshot.jpg

I hope this helps.  I will pass along other examples if I can find any.  Happy Planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards