Connecticut
Options

airbrush tanning

anyone do it? which type?  i'm afraid i'll look orange. but also dont' want to be pale, or get cancer.... lol

Re: airbrush tanning

• Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've had it done by someone spraying me, but never in a booth. i went to Tan Lines in West Hartford...one of the cheapest in the area that i found. i also had it done at a place called Turquoise in Fairfield, but they were much more expensive. there's also a place in Cheshire that does it very cheap...a friend of mine goes there (i can get the name if its close to you) personally, i would NOT do it before my wedding. it never has come out perfectly on me. it always streaks or wears off in strange places...insides of elbows, under boobs, etc. while it may not be very visible in wedding pics, i wouldnt take the chance...for my honeymoon though, i would definitely think about doing it!! it lasts about 5 days or so until you begin to fade.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have used the booth at Bella Tanning in Wethersfield. I was nervous about being too orange or it not being even but it hasn't been bad. I don't get too dark, it gives a nice glow. I think though it's because I am pale to begin with so I think the cartridge they put in is on the lighter side. Hope that is helpful!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have just started & I LOVE it!!! I have tanned for years and it is such a better color than beds. I definitely wouldn't do it immediately before the wedding beacause it does stain (when sweating, etc.) I use the Autobronzer (I believe it is California Tan) MUCH better than the Mystic...did not love that!!! I have not tried the airbrush (because someone has to do it & haven't had the time) but they use the same spray solution as the spray tan machine! HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sammysbabysammysbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the St. Tropez Tan before my wedding and it looked very natural, and I'm very fair. It was airbrush and not a spray Tan. I usually get it done at Naomi's in West Hartford. http://www.salonnaomi.com/AirbrushTan.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    definatly do like 2 trials atleast before choosing one if you do. I was going to this place in uncasville for years and it would come out great ( it was airbrushed on) then i went over the summer and i dont know what it was but i looked like a burnt orange peel. not attractive and i could NOT wait to be "pale" again. on the other hand i have heard good things about the california tan booths! i think i might try those out since i have a summer wedding. hth
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PP is right. do at LEAST 2 trials. and do them about 1 week apart. that's when i've had the most trouble with spray tans....when i do them close together in time. if it looks good after the 2nd one, you should be fine!
  • Options
    NicoleMud80NicoleMud80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to spend the money, Bliss in NYC does an AWESOME job. It's called scrub and color. The treatment takes about an hour, and they do a salt scrub first and then hand paint on the color. It's perfectly even and gives very natural color.
  • Options
    PRLJMBPRLJMB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks for all the great responses.  I'm nervous but I Think I'm going to try it at Naomi's when I hopefully go for my trial hair/makeup within the next couple of weeks, what was teh place in uncasville called?  when you say 2 you mean the same one 2 times to make sure its good or try 2 different kinds of tanning?thanks ladies!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agreed, same thing 2 times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards