Colorado-Denver
Options

Appraising Engagement Ring

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten their ring appraised. If so, by whom? If not, did you have trouble insuring it?I know theknot has it on their checklist, and I think I have heard of others doing it/suggesting it, so I just thought I would ask around!  Thanks :)
BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
"And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List

Re: Appraising Engagement Ring

• Options
    kvanscoykkvanscoyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't get our ring appraised.  All we had to provide to insurance was a copy of the recipet.  I guess if you are wearing an heirloom it might be more difficult.  I belive most jewelry stores do appraisals
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My engagement ring came with a third party appraisal.  In order to insure an heirloom cocktail ring, I had to have it appraised.  I just took it to the place where I go my engagement ring.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • Options
    v3ronv3ron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    reciept was all i needed!
  • Options
    AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just needed our receipt from the store, but the store we bought it from also gave us an appraisal.  I've also had another ring insured as well and they just needed the receipt for that one too.  HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The jeweler we bought mine from came with an appraisal but my insurance company really only needed the receipt of purchase. Some insurance company (mine included) will only insure the ring for how much you paid for it, not the appraised value. It's crappy and not fair in my opinion but it's nice knowing it's insured.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards