Texas-San Antonio

St. Joseph's ceremony time change

Has anyone had to change their wedding time since the new Father at St. Joseph's has canceled the 4pm weddings?  I was scheduled to have a 4pm wedding with dinner starting at 6p- but now I don't know what to do.  2pm is the new ceremony time and it seems too early to have the ceremony at that time.  Did anyone decide to go to another Catholic Church downtown?  If you are having a 2p wedding how our you scheduling the rest of your day?  Thank you!

Re: St. Joseph's ceremony time change

• edited December 2011
    The rest of the catholic downtown churches are 2pm and 7pm also. So moving to another downtown church might be dificult.
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the information, I'm still deciding what to do.
  • edited December 2011
    I think San Fernando's times are at 1 and 7 :( This isn't entirely fair. We booked ahead of timeso why can't they just honor the weddings that were already set for 4? Did they say it was absolutely not possible to do?
  • edited December 2011
    San Fernando is 1pm, 3pm, and 7:30pm.
  • edited December 2011
    So I just heard from my planner that they are changing any weddings after July 1, 2010. So anyone before then you are safe.
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help.  I think we are going to stick it out and stay with the 2pm.  It will make it easier for our guest, since our reception location is in walking distance.
  • Kstock06Kstock06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you having your reception if you are using St. Joseph's? I have just started planning and have not gotten ahold of St. Joseph's yet but had heard the 2pm timing thing as well. Did you ask if they were flexible at all on the time? Thanks for any info you have.
  • eddiewatsoneddiewatson member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, 2:00 PM is not really all that early.  I am doing my neice's wedding timeline and I am recommending a 2:30 ceremony.  This is for a Christian wedding (30 min ceremony) with a receiving line following, 2 hours for photos & a 5:30 start time for the reception.  We have to re-set our reception venue at 10:00 PM & be out by 11:00 PM.  Along with the traditional events, this allows 2 hours for open dancing.
  • jdv7700jdv7700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can anyone tell me how much st. joseph's charges to get married in their church?? i am trying to have a catholic church wedding and everyone wants to charge over $1000!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm paying 500 to get married at St. Joseph's...I believe San Fernando is 900
  • jdv7700jdv7700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh WOW...you must have booked awhile ago because I called yesterday and they told me it would be $850!! And I think that was just to rent the church...no priest or music included!
  • jdv7700jdv7700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh wow....you must have been some time ago because yesterday I called nd they told me it would be $850!!! And I think that was just to rent without music and a priest!
  • edited December 2011
    The priest has to be included! That's terrible! I don't understand why the price would go up so much in just a matter of months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards