Pennsylvania
Options

Brunch--help please!

Hi NEPA ladies.  This is my first post here, but I'm going to be marrying one of your home-grown lads in less than a year.  I was hoping to get some recommendations from you!I am going to be visiting Scranton in the new year, and wanted to take my two younger future sisters-in-law out for a special 'get to know you' brunch.  I'd like to go somewhere with a nice light menu offering salads, finger sandwiches or any other typical brunch cuisine.  Also maybe cakes or something for our sweet tooth with tea or coffee.I don't want to sit in a big chain restaurant, but was looking for more of a cafe, bistro or small restaurant.  Please give me some recommendations!  I'm stuck!Nukke(P.S.  Your mens are handsome)
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Brunch--help please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorites in Scranton are Zummo's Cafe and Mansour's Market. Both offer delicious coffee and baked goods like bagels and scones. Mansour's has a full menu and Zummo's always has a soup, salad and sandwich menu that changes daily. Hope this helps!You can find the addresses here -> http://www.electriccityroasting.com/locations.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carmen's Restaurant (Restaurants - Brunch) 700 Lackawanna Ave Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, Scranton  18503 • 800-333-3333         Description: DOWNTOWN. Surrounded by the architectural majesty of this former train station, guests are awed by marble, stained-glass, and tilework. However, they're just a prelude to Carmen's fabulous cuisine. Arguably the city's premiere restaurant, it boasts a Continental menu of steaks, chops, handcrafted pastas, and seafood. Grilled, spiced veal chop is a signature, along with seared ahi tuna, Kansas City ribeye, and potato-crusted salmon. Flambéed desserts add a dramatic final note, and the lounge is ideal for post-prandial drinks.
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both so much, those are great suggestions.  I think I'm most interested in either Zummo's or Mansour's.  I had a peek at the website.  Can you tell me a little more about it?  Is it counter service or table service?
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    lklee82lklee82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely try Zummos! It's delicious and has a fabulous atmosphere! One of my favorites :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Zummo's has counter service - you order at the counter and someone will bring your order to the table. and Mansour's has table service with waitresses. You can't go wrong with either! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards