Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Bridal Beauty Consulting Reviews

Has anyone used Bridal Beauty Consulting for hair and make up? Are they good? I really would like to find someone to come to us and do my hair and make up along with my bridal party. Suggestions please!

Re: Bridal Beauty Consulting Reviews

• toastie624toastie624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a review yet, but I have booked Tina for my June wedding, and I'll be getting my trial run for hair and makeup done in a couple of weeks, so I'd be able to let you know then if you like :) I have very unruly hair and my skin is hard to find the right makeup shades for, so if she can find something that works for me, I'm sure she'll be able to work her magic on others as well lol.Anyway, I booked her to come to my wedding location the day of, and she and her hair stylist will be working on me and my five BMs, so I can say she's definitely willing to accomodate. Also, we've been trading emails and she seems very sweet, and is super helpful (I'm planning this wedding from OH and only have a few days I'm in LA for wedding prep), so she gets a gold star for communication.Also, if you are on Facebook, you can become a Fan of BBC and see the work she's done recently (bridal shows, photo shoots, weddings, etc).Other than that, I would suggest looking into whatever salons are near where you will be getting ready for the wedding; most places are willing to travel.Good luck, and let me know if you'd like a review :)Oh, and here is a link to a "mock wedding" Tina did at Nottoway Plantation (where my wedding will be!), so you can see some of her work:http://eyewanderphotoblog.com/2009/10/mock-wedding-photography-at-nottoway-plantation/
  • edited December 2011
    i used her for my engagement photos & i can say i wasted my money. i had to ask her to put eyeliner on (there was hardly any on after that), my make up was caked on & there was sooo much primer used (my make up did stay!), but you could see the make up caked on my face.  i also booked a hairstyle for that day, just a simple style, just wanted to wear it down with some body/volume to it...very simple.    there was no stylist there to do it.   the owner did it & she could not even flat iron my hair (and i have straight hair, just flat iron it to look shiny & smooth).  as she was doing my hair, she even stated that hair was not her area of expertise. i was so upset because i was looking forward to our pictures & i felt like i could have saved myself $100 & did it all myself & i would have looked better than what the make up artist did.  her other work looked great, so i was sure there would be no problems, but unfortunately i was very disappointed.  i can say i will not be booking them for my wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    Toastie, Please let me know what you think after your trial run. I'm about to put down my deposit for an April 17th wedding and after reading the other review I'm a tad nervous. I've got thick hair that can be a bit difficult to style and the last thing I want is to look like a mess on my wedding day.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, the other post got me nervous for a minute too, but I think all will be fine. I've got my appt. Monday (23rd), so I'll try to have the review up for you later that day. Before you do put a depsoit down, I think you can call Tina and set up a consultation that she won't charge for, and then you can meet the hairstylist and have a discussion with both of them...maybe that will help :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reasle, I sent you a message about my trial :)
    To all others who are thinking of booking Bridal Beauty Consulting for their weddings, I higly recommend them!
    I had my hair and makeup trial today with Tina and Shay, and they both did a great job! They were both super friendly and fun, and took the time to help me find a look that I love for my wedding.
    We tried a couple different things until they both made sure that I was happy with what the look, and were patient in tweaking things to make it perfect. I am so excited to work with them for my wedding!
    I give them two thumbs up, and if anyone is considering booking with them, I say go for it! :) I'm glad I did!
    Good luck everyone, and have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards