Maine

Flowers question.

So I'm really doing real with all the planning, and flowers is really the only big thing I have left (i think!)I am only doing bouquets and boutonnieres... hoping to keep cost as low as possible.Where did you get your flowers? About how much did you pay and what did you get? What type of flowers?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flowers question.

• edited December 2011
    I loved my flowers!  I wanted really simple - all roses in fall colors with hypericum berries. I used the Ladyslipper in Gray and for $538 I got my bouquet, three bridesmaids bouquets, a nosegay bouquet for Mom, two corsages for MIL & Gram & 7 bouttionaires. Here are some pics:BM bouquet.  They look peach, but they were orange. mine:
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Jamie that sounds like a reasonable price! I get nervous because I here of people spending 2 grand!
  • edited December 2011
    I thought she was very reasonable also!  She was recommended by an '07 bride who was also very happy with her.
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid 456.80 for flowers. I had  my bouque (roses), toss bouquet, 6 bridesmaid bouquet (roses and daisies), 11 boutonnieres, 6 wristlets, and cake flowers and some petals. But mine came from Designs by Janet in Bethel.
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JamieMarie- Would you be willing to tell me how much your cake was? I didn't even know the Victoria did cakes & I've lived 10 miles from there my whole life. =)
    edited December 2011
    I had a three tier cake 6" round, 9" round and 12" round.  I saved the top tier.  So the bottom two tiers had 88 servings.  I needed 125 servings.  I also had side cakes she doesn't make sheet cake she says it's not fancy enough.So I'm rambling.  Basically the cake with out side cakes was $357.00 (3.50 a slice) and the side cake was 2.00 per serving.  I had 32 servings for the side cake for a total of 421 plus tax.Stacey just bought the inn maybe 10 years ago (I'm guessing I can't remember what she said).
    edited December 2011
    I need 120 when I placed the order I just remembered that.  BTW I had way to much cake.
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I'll be looking into them!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't booked a florist yet, but the one I think I'm going to go with in Bridgton quoted me $65 for my bouquet with gerber daises and a couple other flowers, about $25 for small bouquets of daisies for the bridesmaids, and like $10 for daisy boutonnieres for the guys. So that would be under $300 for everything. It's Warren's Florist in Bridgton. I don't know a lot about the place but the owner seemed knowledgeable.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got my flowers from Mum's Flowers in Oakland. For about $260 I got my bouquet which was beautiful beyond my wildest imaginings, 5 bridesmaids bouquets which were equally beautiful and just smaller versions of mine, 6 beautiful corsages made of orange roses and blue delphiniums, and 2 corsages out of just plain white carnations. It's a tiny little shop with no website, but the owner, Winnie, is AMAZING. She took my ideas and made them better than I could have ever hoped for, and as you can see, the cost was unbelievably reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    angeliza- pardon my maine ignorance, but wheres oakland in relation to portland?
  • edited December 2011
    *butting in* Oakland is near Waterville, so like an hour and fifteen minutes north.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I've been kind of MIA lately, but yeah, mindy's right, Oakland is near Waterville, and just like she said, about an hour and 15 mins. north.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards