Moms and Maids

2 Maids of Honor?!?

I am recently engaged and have already asked my best friend since middle school to be my maid of honor. It wasn't even something that needed to be considered, I always knew it would be her. Obviously we are super close and talk almost everyday, see each other very often. I also have already asked my bridesmaids, 6 of them.
   However I have been thinking that I have 2 best friends, 2 girls that I am super close to, would do anything for and vice versa.
    I also talk to bestie # 2 ( whom I met in highschool ) almost everyday and see her just as much. I did ask her to be a bridesmaid, but am considering asking her to be a maid of honor as well. They are both the closest people to me,  right up there with the man I'm so happy to be marrying. I couldn't imagine either of them not being there beside me.
   But I am worried about hurting bestie # 1's feelings by asking a 2nd Maid of honor. I don't want her to feel less special or less important me, but have suspicion she will. They are both single by the way. What to do?!?!

Re: 2 Maids of Honor?!?

• jessi3617jessi3617 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I agree and disagree with her. I have over a yr and I have my bridesmaids. I have only 2 of them but they are my besties and when your as close with ur besties their not going anywhere. We decided to have both of them mohs just to be fair since there is only 2 of them. Does your two friends know each other and get along? Im sure it won't be an issue. Just sit your first one down and ask her how she feels about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I answered you on WP. Please put XP in the subject line when you post the same question on more than one board. Thanks!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • <em>Yes the two of them are friends as well, and have known each since highschool, we quiet often all hang out together along with the other bridesmaids too. I was just so excited I didn't think about waiting until later on! I would say I think it is a plus that all of maids know each already since highschool or right there after.

n</em> Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_2-maids-of-honor-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:52789dab-17c7-45ad-ab4c-d4075fc36dafPost:5b983973-7bc9-41b4-ad17-0a277e491e51">Re:2 Maids of Honor?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree and disagree with her. I have over a yr and I have my bridesmaids. I have only 2 of them but they are my besties and when your as close with ur besties their not going anywhere. We decided to have both of them mohs just to be fair since there is only 2 of them. Does your two friends know each other and get along? Im sure it won't be an issue. Just sit your first one down and ask her how she feels about it.
    Posted by jessi3617[/QUOTE]
  • My daughter had her two sisters as maids of honor, no hurt feelings.
  • I also had two.  One stood next to me, the other signed our marriage license.  Both gave speeches.  I don't think having two is a problem at all.  I asked them up-front if they would be my "co-moh" so they knew there was another.

The problem, IMO, is that you already asked ONE to be your moh and one to be a BM.  While your current MOH might be pretty understanding about it she might also be a little hurt and upset by the sudden switch; like you thought she wasn't doing a good enough job or something, kwim?  I, personally, would leave your BP as is.  Your 2nd friend is still being honored as a BM.  You can put her second in the line-up if it will help make you feel like you're honoring her extra.  I don't think you need to change anything
  • Its fine to have two, but if you already asked her to be a bridesmaid, it would be weird to "promote" her after the fact.  End of the day a bridesmaid and the MOH do exactly the same thing!!

Anniversary
  • I have 2 best friends that I grew up with and the 3 of us are really close. I only picked 1 to be my MOH, the one I feel is more organized and probably more in to wedding planning. The other is my very top bridesmaid. I told both of them that my fiance and mom only wanted me to pick ONE MOH but I wanted both of them to do the duties. They were fine with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards