Canada

Hamiltonians & Area (Budget Weddings)

Just a bit anxiety ridden right now about venues. I'm overwhelmed with the amounth of venues in this area and of course they all look beautiful in the pictures. Liuna Gardens is already booked for June 11, 2011 (wowza). Ancaster Old Mill made me cry when I seen how much they where. $102-114 per person plus tax and 15% gratuities. It's a beautiful location and they have the option of having the ceremony there too. But that would be around 15k with approx 125 guests. I'm waiting for a reply from Michelangelo's still. Other then that I haven't contacted too many more. Where is everyone else having their reception and ceremony at? Can you give me some ideas of other locations that are beautiful and unique, but not going to break the bank? Thanks alot! :)
*Melissa*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
*Our furbabies: Oski (dog), Jax (cat)*
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~

Re: Hamiltonians & Area (Budget Weddings)

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is crazy how quickly some venues fill up! I started looking in April last year and June in Toronto was pretty much full everywhere, so we changed our preferred date (June 26) to August. There are a few girls on here getting married in the Hamilton area, so use the knottie wedding page that ring_pop set up to see which brides are getting married where, and to check out their planning bios. When I first started planning, my budget was not at all realistic...wow....it is an expensive process! With that said, there are lots of ways to save money, and I have found that although the venue was costly, other things such as decor, attire, photography, flowers, etc., are not nearly as expensive as "the knot budgeter" plans for. I think my cake budget based on the overall was $1400, but I am spending $350, but the venue was over the budgeted amount. It all works out in the end I guess! Are you looking for an outdoor or indoor ceremony/reception, and what are your "must haves" for your venue - this will help you sift through so many sites. I used venuesource.ca when I first started because they had some many venues to look at, and a lot had pictures as well. Hope that helps a bit - keep us posted on your search! :)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I think venuesource is actually more for the GTA area. I did a quick google search, and here's a few websites which have hamilton venues on them - you may have them all considered already, but I figured I'd help (and I'm procrastinating from making my grade ten's science test they need to write this week)! http://www.eventective.com/Canada/Ontario/Hamilton/ http://www.banquethallsontario.com/CITYhamilton.htm http://www.paulshalls.info/Hamilton-BanquetHalls-WeddingVenues-AG.html
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wherever the link says "" take that out...weird...it copied ok but I guess it messes it up to fit theknot.
  • edited December 2011
    I know how you feel I looked in to so many Venues in Hamilton! We looked at Liuna Gardens, and Michelangelos, Galileos Gardens, The Olympia, Winona Vine Estates, and Carmens. In the end have decided to go with Carmens. They are all inclusive so GST, PST, Bar and evertything is included. I found with all of the other places we looked at all that was extra which made them so much more expensive! We really felt that Carmens had the best pricing.  Other than Carmens we were considering The Olympia I believe they were all inclusive aswell, the venue just wasnt our style! Hope this helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    hey SOrry, I just saw your response in the other post, we are getting married at Geraldo's at Lasalle park in burlington, there's a gorgeous covered terrace where we're having the ceremony, and two nice ballrooms to choose from[url]http://www.geraldosatlasalle.com/[/url]Have you checked out the waterfront centre?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know about unique, but we got married at The Piazza (across the street from Carmens). The price was very reasonable. If you'd like some pictures let me know I could e-mail you a link.

Our answered prayer, Emilie Helen

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, Provera+FSH+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    My Blog
    My Chart

• edited December 2011
    I understand how you felt looking into Hamilton prices... my jaw dropped when I first started checking things out.You could always check out some of the heritage sites around here. We went with Dundurn Castle, and while ours will be indoors (max of 80 guests) since it's in March, they also have the option of having an outdoor site during the summer. Dundurn is $200 during the day, and then you just have to get a caterer.You could also check out local parks. The Royal Botanical Gardens does weddings as well. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mel66mel66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all the posts and ideas to check out. I definatly have my work cut out for me. I am anxious to book the venue as soon as possible so that is out of the way and I don't have to worry about it. It seems to be the first thing that books up the fastest. I kind of have my heart set on Liuna Gardens, but still waiting for a reply back from them. I had to revise my guest list, so I thought I would check with them to see if that changed anything on their availability. But I have rave reviews about weddings there. I have some work to do tonight after work. I'll keep you all posted.
    *Melissa*
    ~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you seen the prices for Liuna?  Because they're right up there with the Old Mill. We got married at the RBG in Burlington and had both the ceremony and reception there.We ended up going with a hors d'oeuvres style because of the prices.  We would have rather done that than settled for a lesser location.  It's always an option to consider.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
  • mel66mel66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Raynes I have noticed that the prices are pretty similar for Liuna Gardens and the Old Mill. They are both pretty pricey, but so beautiful. The RBG is great too. Do they do sit down dinner style receptions too? I've gotten a reply back from Liuna Gardens, they are also booked up for the bigger room on my date. So I've kind of crossed that off my list. I'm actually checking out The Piazza, it looks really great done up for a wedding, and the prices are pretty good too.
    *Melissa*
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, RBG can pretty much do whatever you want.  For our price range we probably could have gone with stations too.Give them a shout.  I think it's Calla doing the wedding bookings now.  Robin, the special events coordinator for Pepperwoods (in house catering) was fantastic to work with.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
  • edited December 2011
    Have a look at the Scotish Rite.  The prices there are pretty decent and the place is quite nice.  Ill be going ot be second wedding there in 2 weeks
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Carmens as well, they had everything we ever wanted and even advised they will stock the types of alcohol and beer that we prefere, how do you get better than that???? Also they have the drapery style ceilings which make it gorgous (in my opinion, i always dreamed of that though).

They also have a bridal suite and fantastic service... most of their menus even include the cake! So it saves on money there as well, and like mentioned above, it is all inclusive, so no extra costs! This even includes centrepieces if you want them! Just so many things you can save on and so many things you can spend more on there!!! defenitley recommend checking it out!
  • edited December 2011
    We decided to get married indoors, but in an outdoor setting at Ball's Falls Conservation Area in Jordan (near St. Catharines)  It's a bit farther away, but CHEAP!  And there are some great caterers in the area, and everything is right there :)

Shawna
  • edited December 2011

BF and I are not yet engaged, but have been talking and making wedding plans already.  Liuna Gardens has been our choice for a Ceremony site from the beginning, but because our Reception is going to be a Semi-formal/Semi-casual PigRoast/Barbeque with Boucing Castles, Fireworks and BonFire for the kids, we have to find a different location for the Reception.  Anyone have any ideas of venues in the St. Catharines area that would allow that? So far, Warner's Pumpkin Ranch is the only place but I would like more venues to choose from as the distance between the two is quite a ways. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards