Flowers

Flowers

I'm on a budget and am looking for reputable places to get our wedding day flowers from. I'd like to stay under $500, as far under as possible, but $500 is the limit. Anywhere around here that's cheaper, but good? Also, are there any good sites to get flowers through for a cheaper price and we'll put them together night before, or day of? If so, do you have directions at putting together bridal bouquets, and keeping them fresh and still pretty looking until the day of?

Re: Flowers

• Jesie85Jesie85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from St.Louis MO
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Post on your local. You'll get more responses there.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Jesie85Jesie85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was posting on here for websites to go through and what not...thanks.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are going with DIY, I'd also go with Sam's or Costco, if you have a membership for one of those (or if a close friend or family member does). You can order certain flowers in bulk, and they have great prices. I've ordered flowers for several weddings through Sam's, for around $200-300 (total, including greenery and filler flowers), for WP flowers, altar flowers, and misc leftover for other arrangements or centerpieces. If you are getting married at at church, ask how they typically handle the flowers. Ours has a flower guild, and the brides can make a (tax deductible) donation to cover the flowers (and donate the altar flowers afterward). They can order wholesale through the church, and tax exempt. Our volunteers make the altar arrangements, and often volunteer to help with the other flowers and decorations.
  • edited December 2011
    My budget was $1000 for flowers so I bought from http://wholeblossoms.com as a DIY bride. At the time I bought my flowers, they were cheaper than my local costco and sams, and guaranteed they would arrive fine. They did and everything turned out well. Depending on how many flowers you need and what you are arranging, you just need to invest some time to do your own flowers. Good luck and PM me if you need more info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards