Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Florist?

Can anyone recommend a florist? I was planning on a friend doing it, but she just was informed by her wholesaler this morning that she can't buy from them anymore since she doesn't have a business license. Now, I'm completely clueless. I want super-simple flowers, and could do them myself, but I really don't want to... 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florist?

• SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Brittany from Petal's Lane (in NW Philly)
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Passion for Petals (Pamela Hale). She has been fabulous!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Leigh Florist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_florist-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ecb540d6-fff2-4586-a3d3-11d20eb8a1bbPost:b804ffee-051c-4256-b9bd-ebc7399b24cc">Re: Florist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petals Lane is FAB! I loved my flowers.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

The wedding I was at on Friday was done by Petals Lane and it was AMAZING - I CANNOT WAIT
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's true. B2B's flowers were gorgeous!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Darlene from Precious Petals in HV

http://www.preciouspetals.net/

her fb (link on page) is way more updated than her website.

A friend also used her and loved her!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Celebrations Design Studio, and I've been really happy with them so far. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends from church had a small budget for flowers, but she wanted them to look beautiful and simple.  She used
    http://www.flowersbyjennielynne.com/

They are located in Levittown and I had looked into them, but decided to do silk flowers since a friend from our church offered to do that.  Good luck :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Petals Lane!!! Brittany is so great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about petals lane.

I'm doing mine myself, otherwise I'd be able to give you another recommendation. If your friend still wanted to do them, what about a Costco or BJ's membership- then have that buyer get the flowers for you? The pricing is really good. That's what I'll be doing.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Priya310Priya310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using garden parties.  My fiancé’s cousin used them last year and raved about them.  Also, they were about $1000 cheaper than another of the other shops I went to.
  • Lauren0409Lauren0409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin used Wegman's for her flowers and they were great!! She had them arrange the personal flowers, but my aunts did the centerpieces.  It was cheap, if that's what you want!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Leslie from Whimsical Welcomes did my flowers and they were amazing.  She works from her home so doesn't have the overhead of a store.  Leslie works with a budget and comes up with a lot of creative ideas for you.  A lot of brides on this board have used her and always been happy with their flowers.  Check out her website and blog.  www.whimsicalwelcomes.com
  • edited December 2011
    Seconding Leslie - budget-friendly is her middle name :) She was a pleasure to work with, as well.
  • flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say ring of roses in Havertown, and i am way under my budget. I have 18 centerpieces and a lot of under flowers and spent only 2000.
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • edited December 2011
    A third for Leslie from Whimsical Welcomes. So amazing and so willing to work within a budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • J&J061303J&J061303 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using royal designs and events she works out of a space in Sherman mills. She is willing to work with any budget and will send you a preliminary design via email before you even decide to meet with her. Goodluck!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Loretta from Amaranth in Narberth. Super reasonable and I loved what I had.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards