October 2012 Weddings

BM Gifts?

What are you guys getting for your brides maids? I was thinking bottles of their favorite wine/alcohol. But am at a loss? I feel like jewelry is over played and I don't like receiving jewelry that I didn't pick out, so I would feel strange picking it out for another person. Thoughts please :)

Re: BM Gifts?

• I might get travel bags.  I got one as a BM gift and LOVE IT.  It's to put your toiletries in, and they are some really cute ones from Vera Bradley.  They also have cute travel bags for jewelry...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I'm doing gifts based on their interests:

MOH 1 loves coffee so I've gotten her a french press, burr grinder, gourmet coffee beans, and flavoured syrup.

MOH 2 is big into running and vegetarian cooking but I haven't actually figured out her gift yet.

BM 1 is a new mom and needs some "me time" so I got her a very high-end bathrobe with her initial monogrammed onto it, a GC for a massage and some high-end bath products.

BM 2 loves Coach but is always complaining that she can't afford it so I got her a Coach makeup bag and a keychain.

I'm also considering getting them all an inexpensive piece of jewellery or a $25 GC from the place where we're getting our hair and makeup done to help with the cost.
    Anniversary
  • I'm doing tote bags with stuff in them. I'm getting each girl jewelry (overplayed yes, but I'm getting their input so as not to buy them anything too off from their style), a bottle of champagne, a little bridesmaid survival kit, and a pashmina to wear on the day (and forever. I wear a pashmina to work as a scarf almost every day. I'm obssessed).

I got a set of pajamas and a spa gift certificate once. Loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So far I've made my BM's hangers with their names. I will probably get them some kind of personalized bag (since I'm a Thirty-One consultant). I love the idea of a spa gift certificate and personalized robe.  :)
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing tote bags with wraps for them to wear in case it's cold, but I also want to pick up some small things unique to them, probably candy or small things of alcohol.
    Anniversary
  •  MOH 2 is big into running and vegetarian cooking but I haven't actually figured out her gift yet. BM 

Vegetarian cook book, gift certificate to a whole foods market, maybe a gift cert to a good running shoe store like the walking company or something good luck !! 

As for us I think we are getting them all something engraved from things remembered posib. flasks compacts etc and then somethign personal that goes with each one of them. 
  • @achiduck:  I like the individual gift baskets!

For your MOH who is a runner,  I suggest any of the following (I'm a runner too):

A Lululemon gift card - really great running and yoga stuff, but too $$$ to normally buy for yourself
    BondiBands -  really fun headbands to keep your hair out of your face (I have them and love them!)
    Runners World magazine
    iTunes gift card - for new running music

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got them necklaces (overdone, I know :), but will definitely be doing a tote and other things.  Thinking some Coach (we have outlets!) or Vera Bradley...not sure yet.  Also getting them wraps to wear at the wedding, but that doesn't really count.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• I think I might do little coach wrislets or small wallets ( we have a Coach outlet near me that also has clearance!) , figured what girl doesn't love coach :-)  Also a nice picture frame since half of my girls are married to half of FI guys so they will all have some nice pictures from the wedding.  Was thinking of throwing in a GC to different stores based on personalitly but haven't decided yet. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • I'm having a coworker make me some totes, possibly with a monogram, but I will pick out different fabric for each BM, so they will be specific to their tastes. I also plan on getting them some small things to put inside the tote, and possibly a wrap for the day of.
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • I'm doing a bridesmaid survival kit.. I bought makeup bags last night that say bridesmaid on them but to personalize them I'm going to hang a charm on the pull. I have on maid who loves owls, one who loves music and one who loves butterflies. I'm also going to buy them a necklace to wear on the wedding (overplayed yes, but I know they will all love them.. I want something sparkly). I was also thinking about putting a small bottle of wine or nips in their bags as well. I have 2 junior bridesmaids as well.. just need to figure out what I'm getting them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards