Missouri-St Louis

Newly Engaged!

I just recently got engaged and looking for some help! I'm from Ste. Genevieve (an hour south of St. Louis, down 55) and my fiance is from Wentzville, we are looking for a reception site around South County area, thoughts? Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Newly Engaged!

• edited December 2011
    Hi!

There are numerous parks in sounth county...I know a girl who is getting married at Bee Tree Park near 255 and Telegraph road in one of the beautiful memorial gradens there. Here is the website for parks in STL area broken down into the west, south, north, east areas. http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/parks/parkmaps.html
    You could take a peek and that would give you a start if you were looking at parks.
    Also, my fiance and I looked at Villa Antonia Winery in Hillsboro, MO off of 55 south. The location is beautiful and the food and wine choices are great. They are worth looking into if you want to do your ceremony there or just your reception.

Hope this helps some!
  • angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi kkertz 83 and welcome!  There are so many places for a reception in south county.  I don't know what your budget it is or how many people you are having, but here are some ideas. If you google the name and St. Louis, Mo, you should be able to find them.  There is:
    Royal Orleans
    Orlando Gardens
    Andre's-there is one in South County and one in Fenton-a friend of mine at work says she likes the Fenton one better, when I was looking to book the south county location had a great deal going due ot the bad economy
    www.360stlouis.com/lodge-at-grants-trail/index.htm" target="_top">Lodge at Grant's Trail by Orlando's
    Two Hearts-4532 S Lindbergh Blvd St. Louis MO

You can always google reception sites to (South county/st louis, mo wedding reception sites.) I recommend visiting before you book! Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  It's such a great time in your life, enjoy it!  Do you guys have the date/any details about the wedding set yet?

I think Angie pretty much hit all the big ones in S. County.  We are having our reception at The Christy, and they have been fabulous to work with as well.  Very accomodating, and they were the best deal that I found ($$$ wise).  They are located in South City.

Good luck!!
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
  • kkertz83kkertz83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meagan0528  how much per plate at The Christy?
  • angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I almost mentioned the Christy but stayed with south county locations. The Christy is not too far from So County.  Some friends of ours recently went toa 11 am wedding and the reception at The Christy was from 1-4 and they got an awesome deal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to say it was either $26.95 per person or $29.95....but that includes dinner with two entrees and three sides, plus open bar all night.  If you call, make sure you ask for Kelly.  She knows everything, and she is SUPER sweet!
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Genesis off Telegraph Road.  We worked with Megan and everything was perfect!  They have done some remodeling and the place looks very nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards