Illinois-Chicago
Options

Downtown hotel help--need to block 3 different places and stumped!

My wedding is in the Loop. We have 100+ out of town guests with many different tastes and budgets, so I was going to block rooms at 3 different places that cover a range. I like the idea of keeping everyone close together and walking distance to the venue, but there are many more choices if you include River North/Mag Mile, and some parts of the Loop seem less fun than River North. We could go high-medium-low, but where does "hip" fit in? 

And how important is it that everyone can stumble home on foot?

For our own suite, I like modern and I would love someplace both hip and nice (like the James) but I'm not sure many guests would go in that direction. I'd like our hotel to have a good bar for an after-party. I'd prefer a boutique-type place to massive corporate chain, at least for our room.

Most of our friends are "hip" but a lot of them would probably want affordability. Most parents/aunts/uncles will not want trendy. Some will want cheap and familiar chains, some will want traditional luxury.

Can anyone help suggest a balanced group of 3?  I added group rate quotes if I have them...stars for walking distance. Thanks in advance!

*Hard Rock (169)
*Monaco (179)
*Sax (189)
*Radisson Blu (200)
*Fairmont (200)
*Palmer House Hilton
*Wit (229)
Public (200)
Courtyard River North (159)
Red Roof or Holiday Inn Express type place 
James (289)
Peninsula/Park Hyatt (high end)
Palomar (199)
Felix

Re: Downtown hotel help--need to block 3 different places and stumped!

• Options
    If you want all different looks/ feels my suggestion would be The public which is brand new and has a great bar it in. Either the James/ Dana or Sofitel. They are all trendy and about the same price. And in really fun areas. Then depending on your guests I would either book the Palmer House, very old Chicago but in the loop, or the fairmont which is very standard but close to good shopping.

Are any of these walking distance from your venue? Are you providing transportaion? Have most of your guests been to Chicago? If its everyones first time, I would get hotels closer to tourist destinations. Things to think about!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would suggest the hard rock, wit and red roof inn
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What month is your wedding in? Where did you end up booking??? We are about to start this same search as well for our 2013 wedding and have the same criteria. Everyone is from out of town and we love hip boutique hotels. We have stayed at the Palomar, The James, The Conrad and Public the last 4 times in town and love them all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards